triton /w protools

Botinok

ok so i just bought the triton extreme 76 and i have Pro Tools LE...

i cant seem to find any instructions on how to set the triton up with the protools, so i can use the protools as the sequancer...do i set it up like a midi control? or is there another way to set it up?

also on a side note...my protools works fine..but when i close it, i cant play anything any more. like mp3's through winamp or WMP..no sound comes out,...i have to restart my computer every time, to play regular songs...

any way to fix this?

Thanks in advance for the help!

-Andrei Serpik

Here's how to setup your triton with pro-tools le:

First which pro-tools hardware do you have? Mbox or digi002 either way here's how:

Mbox you will need a midi interface cable to get your triton connected to the pc. or midi interface like a midiman or i use the m-audio uno

digi002 just plug in your midi cables in/out

Go to the midi studio setup then add the triton with the model and name. Doing so allows you to have the correct midinams tables. It's just the patch names list.. is all.

Go to the midi input setup and make sure the triton is selected as the input device.

last go to the track menu then make sure you have input monitoring selected.

In the mix window: Create an instrument track then make sure your input is all then select the triton as your output on whichever channel you want. If you want to record individual channels then select the individual channel as your input and output.

You can select the patches from the edit window underneath the volume control.

That's it...

Demi

"also on a side note...my protools works fine..but when i close it, i cant play anything any more. like mp3's through winamp or WMP..no sound comes out,...i have to restart my computer every time, to play regular songs..."

Sounds like you have a bad soundcard driver. go to control panel then system, then hardware. I would uninstall them then reinstall them.. that normally cleans them up. I would also goto your soundcards manufacturer website and see if they have a new driver available and replace your current one with the new one.

Pro-tools does not take over audio control of your pc.. it uses the asio driver to run audio from within the application.

Hope that helps..

Demi

im trying to do what you said, but when i go to the midi studio setup it doesnt have "triton" under model name, its got trinity and a bunch of other ones, but not triton..

also i cant seem to find the track menu...

so i tried to set it up without picking a model, and the midi records..but when i try to play it back, no sound comes out..the level bars are moving, but no sound is coming out

btw..i have pro-tools m-powered, and im running it with a delta 44

Botinok said:
im trying to do what you said, but when i go to the midi studio setup it doesnt have "triton" under model name, its got trinity and a bunch of other ones, but not triton..btw..i have pro-tools m-powered, and im running it with a delta 44

If your model is not there don't worry about it just create one without it. You will need to goto digicake.com and download the midinams list for the triton so that you will have the correct list of patch names for it. So under midi studio setup just type in triton then skip the manufacturer and model then make sure you have your midi interface selected for input and output.

also i cant seem to find the track menu...

so i tried to set it up without picking a model, and the midi records..but when i try to play it back, no sound comes out..the level bars are moving, but no sound is coming out

Try this: http://akarchive.digidesign.com/support/docs/Mbox_2_Basics_Guide.pdf

This tells you how to setup the midi in your version of protools. that version is a little odd with the midi setup. You have to setup a midi track and an aux track to be able to hear what you are doing. In the new 7.3 or 7.0 and up you can create 1 track called an instrument track that allows you to input midi notes and monitor the output at the same time.

Demi

Also if your new to pro-tools and don't like reading alot of manuals try this site: you can get the 6.0-6.9 version training for 9.00 a month. It's all video training and it's very good at showing you every aspect of pro-tools.

http://www.grooveboxmusic.com/

ok i read through wat u sent me...but heres the issue..i dont have a problem with monitoring...i just dont get any audio when i play back..like ill record something...and hten ill press stop, and wanna hear what i recorded, and no sound comes out...i tried doign it with the aux channle like the thing u sent me said, and it made no difference..

any other suggestions?

oohh and btw...i reinstalled the latest drivers for the delta, and the problem is still there...no audio after i close protools..btw..i didnt specify before but...its not that there isnt no sound coming out of winamp..but when i press play..nothing even happens..it doesnt even start playing...i have no idea why...:-/..i guess this just isnt my day

im an idiot..i figured out the first problem..just had to change the output...

however my second problem still persists...

hello,

did you uninstall the old drivers first, then reboot then reinstall the new drivers? Windows is funny like that sometimes with device drivers. Sounds like your old one is corrupted... but installing over it with a new one does not fix the corruption... only completely uninstalling then rebooting will allow you to get a fresh driver.

yup..just tried it twice, uninstalled, restarted, installed new ones...and nothing changed...

any other suggestions?

yup..just tried it twice, uninstalled, restarted, installed new ones...and nothing changed...

any other suggestions?

How long have you had that problem?

Well, I have the exact problem with my motif rack 3 years ago and still can't figure out to make it work. Just like you said, I could record the midi stuff in but when I play back, I just don't hear anything. I'm also using Pro Tools Le version 6.9. But now I have 7.0, but haven't try it again to see if it works this time.

I know how you feel. I'm pist off and frustrated too. I ended up not using it at all. It's just sitting on my rack collecting dust.

The strange thing is that when I tried it on a friend's computer (he had a mac), it worked great. I don't know if it's a problem with PC or whatever.... so, I'm considering a Mac as my next computer purchase.

I'm trying it again once I get home. If you ever get it to work, please let me know. I'm desperate to making it work cause it has some tight ass sounds in it. I've tried all the things I thought that would work, but no luck. I hope we can work this out together. Please keep in touch.:D

Thank you.

Back