Triton w/ computer sequencer

eclips1

I'm trying to use the Triton and sequence in Elogic. I was using a Korg x5d and I would just run the midi out of my comps midi controller to the in of the x5d and the in of my comps controller to the out of my x5d. Then put the keyboard in multi mode and assign programs to different midi tracks. Can I do something similar w/ the Triton. I can't seem to figure it out. There isn't a multi mode on the triton like there is on the x5d. But the manual says it is multi timbral but doesn't give much info on how. Anyone else using the triton with a computer sequencer? Any help would be appreciated. Thanx.

The triton is a top of the line keyboard and if it has midi connects your comp. sequencer should have no problem controlling it. Midi out of triton to midi in card, midi out of card to midi in triton.
Does your transport have a detection window that tells you if it is receiving input midi data ?

Hmmm...I don't think you can get it to run multiple patches simultaneously if that's what you're trying to do, but I could be mistaken. I control the Triton from Sonar. I think what you might need to do is set up keyboard splits on the Triton if you want multiple instruments to play at the same time. Just a thought. I'm going to check back and see if anyone else has thoughts on this.

X5D doesn't have any built in internal sequencer, so if you want to be able to use it's multitimbral ability (external sequencer), you can go to Multi mode (16 tracks/16channels), or Combi mode (8 tracks/8channels). Ditto to it's rack module version (X5DR). Triton, somehow different. It has it's own internal sequencer built in, so if you want to use it's multi timbral ability, you may go to SEQ mode for keyboard series, or Multi mode for rack module series. They're all controllable via MIDI. Combi mode works just like X5D... :cool:

Back