Triton LE with an electic drum set?

bradly

I was just wondering if I could run the midi out from an electric drum set into my Triton LE and trigger sounds? I can't find anything in either manual. Thanks guys.

-bradly

MIDI Out from the module to the MIDI In on the Triton. Make sure both are set to the same channel (Probably Ch10, which is the default GM drum channel).

Korg's Combi's let you assign each program component it's own MIDI Channel (I.E. the first half of the Combi set to Ch.1 for use via the Triton's own keyboard, and the second half set to Ch10 (or other) for triggering via your electric drum pads).

Atterion said:
MIDI Out from the module to the MIDI In on the Triton. Make sure both are set to the same channel (Probably Ch10, which is the default GM drum channel).

Korg's Combi's let you assign each program component it's own MIDI Channel (I.E. the first half of the Combi set to Ch.1 for use via the Triton's own keyboard, and the second half set to Ch10 (or other) for triggering via your electric drum pads).

Hey thanks for the response. I got it working. I had everything right except the channel, but for some reason I have to hit the pads a lot harder when using the Triton for sounds. Any ideas for that one? Also I figured that the sounds would line up but hey don't. I.E. my bass drum pad doesn't defualt to a bass drum sound on the triton. Kinda frusterating. I thought those kind of things were standard. Oh well.

-bradly

As far as volume goes, see if either the Triton or the drum brain has a 'velocity' setting - then crank it either up or down depending on the orientation. One or the other should allow you to set and save velocity parameters.

As far as the sounds being in different places, this is something that you'll only need to set once, especially if your drum brain has memories. 'Note number' is the parameter you're looking for this time, and one you have the kick sound coming from the kick and the snare sound coming from the snare and so on just save it under the name 'Triton' in the drum brain.

Back