Triton LE help

lukasz

anyone know what the difference between combination and program is? when i sequence i have to copy the combination to the program, i dont understand the purpose since they are totaly different istrument sets.
also anyone know of a good book or vid that would explain the triton LE better then the manual? the manual gets way to technical and i get lost.

The ground level basics - a 'program' is a single sound associated with a single midi channel while a 'combination' is a set of sounds associated with multiple midi channels. A program is fine for playing solo piano, but if you want to get drum sounds, bass sounds, horn sounds and piano sounds all at once then you will need to build a combination.

I looked both @ Google + Amazon dot com with no success --- I guess you're stuck with the Korg manual...

I've found the most success in referring to the manual only in an emergency, and then only for very specific answers to specific questions. Play around with the keyboard and the onboard sequencer. You already know the purpose and use of the keyboard and the built in sequencer - to allow you to record your own compositions your own way. So go from there - and don't be afraid to make mistakes --- the reinitialization process that will bring EVERYTHING back to the way it was when it came from the factory is only a few button presses away.

Back