Triton Korg Extreme Workstaion/Sampler

WesP1106

So heres the deal, Me n a Buddy recently Purchased the Korg Triton Extreme Workstation. It has Awesome sounds and Is Def worth the $$$$. But i cannot Figure out how to use the Sampler thats Built in. What id like to do is take a Audio Cd that playin on my stereo and Sample it into the Keyboard. IS this Possible? If so Any Help Is Appreciated ...
Thanks
Wes

What the cryptic reply above means is that first you will need to turn the target disc into a wav file using your computer before you can load it into the Triton.

I use the freeware program CDex which never fails to do a good job. Be sure you only rip the portion of the disc which you want to load into the Triton --- if you rip the whole disc the resulting file will be too big for the Triton to handle.

I think what the question is reffering to is basic sampling....If thats the case he should be able to record straight from his c.d to his triton..Im not sure if the triton is equiped with enough sample ram out the gate...and may need to upgrade some more ram.........
Read the manual ...thats always a good place to start..then to ask people who may not have a triton like myself for info....
sign up to tritons user group on yahoo...this way any questions can be readily answerd by people using tritons...

Yes Im Just Tryin to do some Basic Sampling. I use to use this Dr-Boss Sampler and all i had to do was insert a audio video chord from my cd player and bam, it smapled what i wanted to. Im sure this is Much better sampler than that was. im sure u can control each sample on the keys of the board thats what im lookin to do. I read the manuall and its a lil confusin for me. Sorry about the confusion.

Thanks,
Wes

While you can record from the CD to the sampling inputs on the Triton, the first suggestion of ripping the audio CD track to a .wav file is a better option. You're guaranteed you'll put into the Triton what's on the CD and not lose any quality during the sampling.

ok so i basically save the song i want to sample as a .Wav file and then pop it into my cd player and make all the right connections, go into sampling mode and press rec?

WesP1106 said:
ok so i basically save the song i want to sample as a .Wav file and then pop it into my cd player and make all the right connections, go into sampling mode and press rec?
Once the track is ripped as a .wav, you shouldn't need to load it up by pressing Rec on the Triton. I am sure there is a better way to import/load .wav files. Read the manual ;)

ok so today i took my lil stereo that has the aux inputs, i plug those inputs and and the other end into the triton (1/4) and i go into sampling mode and press rec and Nothing????? I read the directions , am i doing something wrong???

Back