trigger lead question

kidkage

Bored of Canada
I want to put a trigger on my kick and snare. For recording could I just run the lines into Cubase and apply whatever sound on them in there or would i have to have a drum module?

You can just plug the triggers into your interface like you would a microphone and record them. Then use Drumagog or other drum replacement program to replace the impulses with the sounds.

The only reason you would need a module is if you either want to use the modules sounds or you want to record midi instead of audio.

You can just plug the triggers into your interface like you would a microphone and record them. Then use Drumagog or other drum replacement program to replace the impulses with the sounds.

The only reason you would need a module is if you either want to use the modules sounds or you want to record midi instead of audio.

:D thanks
it was a long 16 hours

If you have the mics, you could also use a trigger plug in. That way you won't have to buy actual triggers.

Yep. Just copy the channel and insert KT. Open up an instrument channel with HALion or whatever you want to use for drum sound. In KT, you will select the midi note for the sound you want out of your instrument channel. Setup can be a bit of a pain, but once you get it figured, easy as pie. :D

Also, you can decide the ratio of the original source to the sampled source. For example, I'll sometimes trigger my kick drum. My kick track may be 30% sample sound, and 70% original source. I don't do the midi thing, I just drop in different wave files into the plug ins folder, and pick what I want. That way I can make my own samples and add them in the plug in bank. I use the Jonas Drum Reaplacer.

Oh, ok, cool then.

Well, I have mics. And I haves Cubase 5 LE.
I'm not too familiar with it to know what to do now
:o

Is there any really awesome freeware out there, or should I make a $60-70-80 dive into the EZDrummer pool

Btw. I have no clue how to integrate it and use it in cubase

I'm sure there are free trigger plug ins out there. All it does is play a set sample sound after the volume of the track crosses a decided volume. Nothing to it really. Did you do a google search ?

Back