Tribal Studio

Status
Not open for further replies.

drummerdude666

immature
Tribal Studio - Soundproofing help

Hey.

Right, I have many many questions.

I've read through many many threads and everything is saying the same thing. Build rooms within rooms etc. Then you get the people who think they can totally soundproof their rooms with foam. So i got bored very quickly are reading through all this.

My studio (it could also be described as a small room with recoring stuff in it - lol) is 6m x 3m. The walls are dense blockwork walls, nothing special.

The adjacent room is my kitchen. I'm only 16, so im living with my parents, so teachnically it's their kitchen. Now the issue is, im recording about a band a week at this stage (im still in school so it's all i can fit in) and my sister and brother come home and are being their usual noisy selves in the kitchen. Then the phone rings etc and you can here all this through the walls.

It's connected by a door (we've hung two fire doors in opposite ways).

Now you can see the bands looking at each other when all this is happening next door. So i need some way of reducing the noise in and out of the room.

Also in the near future im thinking of spliting the room in two and have one for mixing and one for tracking. So the same treatment will be applied there.

So what i want to know is what can i attach to the walls that will reduce the noise. Now im not looking for perfection - I can't afford perfection. But something needs to be done.

ANY comments are welcome, anything at all. Now i've read many articles that people have linked to in previous threads so I've done all my homework....but I haven't found an anwser yet. Thankyou guys. :)

Last edited:
Yeh, i've looked at all there, i might repost this thread there as well actully. Although i do find that many people are members of both forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back