Treating a Vocal Booth? FitZ? Ethan? Anybody Help?

The Engineer

Right now I'm using my closet for a vocal booth. I know it's bad. It's 4X5X8. I have the walls and ceiling covered in 2" acoustic foam. If I added 4 .. 2"X2ftX8ft 703 rigid fiberglass to the corners, would that help the sound? cause my booth still sounds a bit "boxy" and "bassy." or would 4" 703 work better?

Any help is much appreciated, thank you.

I have a smallish 5ft X 6ft X 7ft tall booth that always sounded boxy. I put up 2 ft x 6 ft frames filled with r-13 insulation and then covered it with fabric. put them on the walls and ceiling, and the booth sounds lovely now for vocals. it totally did away wth the boxy sound.

I imagine the 2" rigid would have the same effect.

Tom

Actually the 6" fluffy R-19 is a pretty flat absorber throughout the spectrum. A mix of that and some 2" 703 spaced off the wall a couple of inches should do a fine job.

Should I put 1 in each corner of the vocal booth? then 1 or 2 on the ceiling? Also, should I leave the 2" acoustic foam in there with it?

Here's a pic ...

000_1149.jpg

It's actually bigger than it looks ... cause I was half-way stepped in the booth when I took the picture ..

Back