Traynor YCV40 amps?

Evildick

I've never heard them and don't have access to them. I'm just a little curious. Apparently they have a new all tube studio amp. As far as I know, they are made by Yorkville but I'm hesitant on relying on the brand name. Anyone use these or heard them before? Are they worth the $450?

i've used the YCV40 in the studio and I loved it! I own a YCV80 and I think it kicks ass for the money. These amps are tough and built really well to..I cant attest to it. I've beat the shit out of mine since I got it....and it works even better now than when I bought it!

www.musiciansfriend.com has some audio sampls of the amplifier but I didn't like them. They sounded "thin" to me, but I wasn't sure if low bit rate of the audio sample was the culprit. These amps are in my price range and I really want to get one, BUT I didn't like the sound of the Fender Hot Rod Deluxe since it was very "twangy." I say this because many have said the YCV40 is similar in clean tone to the Fender Hot Rod Deluxe. I really liked the CLEAN sound of a Fender 1965 Twin Reverb, but it's too expensive, loud, and big for my tastes. How does the YCV-40 compare in clean tone to the Fender 1965 Twin Reverb (reissue included too)? Thanks in advance!

Back