Trap Placement Feedback

vbass

I just built 2 2x4 Bass Traps loaded with 4" of roxul to augment what I already have in the studio. I had originally planned to mount them at a 45 degree angle at the ceiling/wall corner behind the desk and move the clouds that are currently mounted about 18" from the wall to a position parallel to the ceiling directly above the desk. But now I'm thinking that I should put them on stands and place them horizontally behind the monitors (partially blocking the window) and leave the clouds where they are. The wall opposite the desk is covered with 3 2X4 panels with 2" roxul. The back of the desk is also about 18" from the wall. I thought it might be cool to see what suggestions other members of this discussion group might have about the placement for my new traps. All polite opinions are eagerly awaited.

Attachments

• IMG_0400.jpg
    IMG_0400.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 118
  • IMG_0399 copy.jpg
    IMG_0399 copy.jpg
    595.1 KB · Views: 91
I only have impolite suggestions... LOL

First off you should resize the photo so that we can see it on one screen.

I am not sure I understand the question on placement nor the layout of the room treatment you have already. Bass traps are most needed on wall corners behind your monitors. Not directly behind your monitors.

Post a better picture of the room from a distance. :)

Wide shot

This is the best that my graphic arts skills will allow. Please note that the black panels in each corner are 4" roxul, all others are 2".

Attachments

• Edit.jpg
    Edit.jpg
    562.5 KB · Views: 62
If your monitors have rear bass ports, then you should have 4" traps behind them. i wouldn't worry about the wall-celing corner in front of the desk - don't know if you have the same 'corner' treated already on your back wall or if you have first-relection-point side traps already in place.

Back