Transferring tracks digitally from 788 to PC

Atwork

I'm assuming when you transfer tracks digitally from the 788 to a PC you get one stereo wav on the PC. You don't get seven individual tracks. Am I right?

You are right to a point. If you only send all 8 tracks at once to your PC then you'll only get a stereo Wav file (or however you record it)
If you sync your 788 up via MIDI with a sequencer such as cubase, you can record each track individually. It takes time though. A 4 min song, times 8 tracks... 32 minutes of recording + all the setting up.
Mind you, if your sequencer can handle more audio tracks than 8, then it could be worth the effort.
You could also use the 788 as a mixer and record 'live' to you PC as well...
Experiment is the answer... and syncing too... makes life easier..

Good luck... Z

Zeekle,

You can send two tracks at a time digitally, pan the tracks hard left and hard right and record a stereo wav on the PC. Then you can spit 'em into two mono tracks if you like.

Cuts your record time in half.

Press and release the STEREO button. Under the 'output' in the upper left of the screen, by default, it's set to STEREO. If you turn the Jog Wheel, You can select pairs of tracks (1/2, 3/4, etc.) Those settings change what is sent to the SPDIF output and the analog STEREO output.

You can send six individual outputs(Tracks) at once from the 788 using the analog & digital outputs. Like you said...if your sound card can take that many inputs.

But, WAV EXPORT is the way to go. Send all your tracks at once. Use a CDRW, export the wavs, load 'em in the PC, erase the CDRW to use again. I unplugged the Midi awhile back. :cool:

Back