Transferring computers...question for guru's

4-Man Takedown

Ok, so finally I think I am going to transfer computers...aka build a computer, but use the same harddrive I have now. The question is will I have to reinstall all my programs?

This worries me because I use the NFR Tracktion (the free promo one), and I couldn't use Tracktion 2 because I want to stick with Windows 98se. I know this sounds retarded, but I have been using 98 for years with no problems and I just don't want to have to dish out the money for XP. I'm not too worried about speed and what not because all I really have a need for is about 24 tracks tops.

So can a clean switch like this be pulled off? or am I doomed to paying and switching to XP and Tracktion 2.

I'm planning on getting a P4 processor.

Thanks

more than likely...you will probably have to reformat the harddrive to configure it to your new system. If not, when it boots, it may not recognize the new system and crash. The best thing to do is back up everything and try it. If it doesnt work, at least you will not have lost anything but time...

Usually when switching to a different chipset and CPU, windows will require a new installation.

Back