transfer from Alesis HD to wav files

eclips1

I have 17 songs that were tracked out of town on an Alesis 24 HD. I need to transfer these songs to wav or aiff files to mix them down on a hard disk system. I'm trying to figure out the best way to do so. How hard is the Alesis system to work. If I were to rent one would I be able to convert the files or would I have to re-record them? Any advice would be appreciated?

You will find it's a breeze. Networking is very easy to set up, and once you've connected to it, you find all your songs in both aiff and wav, so you won't have to convert anything. Just download it.

Thanks for the replies. So how do I download from the 24hd? I use Vegas and wavelab on my pc with a delta 1010 sound card.

1.) Do I have to run passes on these songs and record them in?(digitally or anolog).

2.) Or is there a way to just copy the files over by networking the machines? If so, will the files still be in sinc(as far as placement of verses and such?).

I was thinking I would have to buy the delta 1010 adat interface. Then just do 3 passes per song recording them into my system.

alesis hd24 file transfer

I don't own a HD24. From what I've read on these posts previously, you transfer files from the Alesis HD24 to the computer by ethernet. The HD24 is the server, the PC connects to it using a ethernet network card and network cable. Transfer is done by FTP. The files are on the HD24 as both .aiff and .wav files, and you transfer them using a FTP program or netscape/IE ftp protocol. The .wav and .aiff files have all your individual tracks together and in sync. The manual should explain how to do this.

You don't need the delta 1010 adat sync transfer box; just network them over.

Fireport is the way

Look on the alesis web page
go to support - manuels download

and look for fireport it's all there....

Back