Tracks piling up

lronhoover

O.K. heres where I'm at, I'm working on a project and ready to do some mixing, I'd like to take my 7 drum tracks and mix down to 2 tracks, left and right. I'm not sure how to do this. I'm using pro audio 9. Is this where the aux busses come in? I have not messed with these yet. Is it best to send these tracks out to a mixer and bring them back as two? Or can it be done within the program? Any help would be great.

You can do this within the program.

First off, you don't want to mix it to two tracks, you want to mix it to a single stereo track (at least, I think that's what you want to do).

My memory of PA9 is quickly fading, but here's what I recall:
Solo the tracks you want to mix down, and locate the command "Bounce to Tracks."

Execute the command and select single, stereo track from the menu. You'll also have some other choices regarding automation and buses. Select them if you want that stuff to be included in the mix down.

That should create a new track with all the drum parts on it. After you're done, un-solo the original drum tracks and archive them.

dachay2tnr said:
Solo the tracks you want to mix down, and locate the command "Bounce to Tracks."
Can't you just select the tracks you want to bounce?

moskus said:
Can't you just select the tracks you want to bounce?
Yeah, I think so. I just couldn't remember for sure. I know it works if you solo them, and it's not any more difficult than selecting them (except you have to un-solo them afterwards). You can also just mute the unwanted tracks as well.

Lot's of ways to get to the same place. :D

Apparently he figured out on his own, but we simultaneously posted our reponses.

Back