Tracking Sheets for MR-8 and VF-08/80 Update

a12stringer

Several months ago I posted a thread announcing that I had developed tracking sheets for the MR-8 and the VF-08/80.
Since then, I have revised the sheets in the hopes of simplifying them, thereby making them more useful.
The significant differences are that the MR-8 track sheet has been reduced from two pages to one and the VF-08/80 sheets have been reduced from four pages to two.
On the VF-08/80 sheet, the front side is for tracking infor and the reverse is for mixing/mastering.
Unfortunately, I cannot attach it to this because it is in MsWord .doc format.

I would be happy to send it to anyone who e-mails me at: a12stringer55@juno.com

Of course if anyone wants to post them to a website like someone did with the previous versions--go for it. I don't consider them copyrighted.

And let me know what you think of them after you try them.

As I stated in return mails to all who have requested, please feel free to post criticisms/suggestions/comments.
Also, please feel free to make any changes necessary to make them more suited to your needs since they are designed more to fit my approach to engineering/production and they are definitely not a one-size-fits-all solution.

Ideally, the purpose of the tracking sheet is to allow the engineer to note mixer settings so they can, if necessary, duplicate as much as possible the conditions of a recording session if something has to be done over--and also to have a record of what doesn't work.
The first studio log sheets were laid out like channel strips on a mixer. Although my experience is limited, I have always favored that approach and that is the approach I utilized in designing the sheets for the MR-8 and the VF-08/80.
Obviously, there is not an absolute correspondence between the channel strips on a mixer and what we use on a digital SIAB, since many of the functions are dialed in and entered through software menus, especially since many [if not most] MR-8 users are also using PC software such as N-Tracks for mixing and mastering.
I would encourage an N-Track user to develop one for other N-track users and post the notice to this forum.
There may be such a posting already in the the N-track users forum. If there is, I stand corrected.

Back