Tracking question....

layneness

So, suppose i have a drumset setup to record with everything mic'd (snare, each tom, kick, and overheads for the cymbals), all the mics plugged into my 8 channel audio interface (Firepod), then this whole shabang running into my laptop, which in turn is running Nuendo 3.

is there a way I can make it so each corresponding mic input gets it's own track on my software? Like, tracks 1-7 being each individual mic? Cause I'd like to EQ each individual drum seperately during the editing process, which is neccesary considering I don't have money for external compressers, effects, etc. So if I could make it so each input I'm using translates to its own track on my program, that'd be super rad.

Thats what firewire is used for (the type of file transfer on your Firepod, but you knew that already).
You need the correct drivers for your Firepod and then you need to setup each individual track in Nuendo.

Mike

So, you spent $1600 dollars on Nuendo, but don't know how to assign an input to a track?

I'd start by reading the manual............

Or better yet, save the $1600 and start with something like Reaper till you get your feet wet.

Back