tracking out my beats with hardware recorder from motif?

ujamaa7

Hello to all!

Here's the deal....I have a yamaha motif classic and i use it to make hip hop beats but my beats just sound horrible because the motif classic lacks when it comes to mixing down. I'm looking for a 12 to 16 track multitrack recorder that has the ability to mix my tracks, eq and add effects. I have beats that i already made on the motif stored on smart media card and would like to track out my beats track by track, would audio or midi be best for that? I dont want to go the computer route right now so i'm looking at a zoom multitrack or either yamaha or korg.

all help would definitly be greatly appreciated.

I recommend an Roland VS series recorder. I actually have an Roland VS-2000cd with VGA/mouse expansion for sale. Not sure of your price range. But let me know.

Nicole

p.s. MIDI is not audio so in order to track out your beats it requires Audio. MIDI is for syncing. So you will need to use both.

misscc803 said:
I recommend an Roland VS series recorder. I actually have an Roland VS-2000cd with VGA/mouse expansion for sale. Not sure of your price range.

Nicole

You recommend one and you happen to have one for sale? What luck!

Just kidding, I couldn't resist commenting on it 'cause it had me laughing!
My boy has one that he is happy with too, especially since he has learned the ins and outs rather quickly. I have a zoom1266cd that I have used for tracking instruments and it works great, I don't use the midi at all. Then I send the individual tracks to wavelab then to Sonar when satisfied. But what ever works! Don't be mad Nic I'm just playing!

Yeah its cool i took no offense cause if u ever read any topic on any forum dealing with track recorders you will read Roland VS being recommended by me.

Nicole

should i go hardware or software? the prob with soft is

Thanks fellas for the feedback.

I need a recording software that would let me controll it with my motif buttons and sliders because clicking with a mouse is just not going to cut it for me...I want to use the remote controll feature on the motif like, record , stop, mute buttons etc....All i really need is a program that has loop record will let me mixdown my beats and eq track by track....Once i track out my beats that i already have on my smartmedia card i will be using either the software or hardware multitrack to record my beats.

Budget for software program is 150 to 200...any suggestions?
Budget for sound card is 100 to 200....any suggestions?
I can get a computer build for me for 450 (without sound card) because the one i have now is very very old and slow.
my budget is 800 to 900

Back