Track two slower than one...?

Torpid-x

Hey RR

I'd tell you to wait till you get your new computer before going through the aggrevation of trying to figure that one out. If you have the problem after you get your new computer, I'd suggest getting Garrigus' book, there's a lot of good info on optimizing Cakewalk and some info on tweaking your system.
What are the specs on the Gateway?

Why ask why
Rich

[This message has been edited by Torpid-x (edited 07-03-2000).]

Hi, The gateway is, pIII 866, 256 ram, sound blaster live value, 32 meg agp video, 19 inch monitor, 16x dvd, 8x cdrw, its a pretty good configuration, i customized it all. Im having second thoughts about cakewalk right now, its very complicated, im not use to this type of recorder, ive been using a 4track tape with stop/play/record... but I deffinately need more than 4 tracks and i wanted a new computer anyway so i figured i would kill two birds with one stone instead of getting a new multitrack alone. How do you feel about cakewalk? do you have any other suggestions about comupter multitracking or should I stick with cakewalk and try to learn it, I was also looking at vegas but cakewalk is the most popular, do you know anything about vegas?,

Ok, I record track one and then i record track two and its always off temp, it slower playing back than track one,, what can the problem be?, i have n-track also and it does it on that too, so im assuming its another problem with my soundcard, but i really have no ideal, can anyone help

Stick with cakewalk

I'm also very new to digital recording and stepped up from 4 track. I don't know anything about the other multitrack programs out there, but, I'm sure they all have a hard to overcome learning curve. Once you get past the basics you can learn the rest as you need/want to, besides, you already have it. Your new system should handle it just fine I'm sure (it kicks the st*t out of mine). You'll prabably get away with leaving the settings at thier default values for a long time, untill you really push it hard. I feel like a salesman for Scott Garrigus, his book is extremely useful. I've learned most of what I need to know in a week with it. as far as getting started, many of the startup questions are answered right in this forum. This particular problem sounds like it's system related, like I said,wait for your new system, but make use of the time learning some of the programs features so you can get started right away. play with effects on a one track recording, scan through the menu's, learn to create loops, basically familiarize yourself with it.

Warning!!!!!!!this web sight is more addictive than crack!!!!!!!warning
Rich

I have a Sound Blaster Live Platnum, I think the value is the same card minus the Live Drive and xtra software, if it is, it should do just fine.

behold, the power of cheese
Rich

I have to agree with torpid-x, this site is more addictive than crack. Anyway, I love Cakewalk and I had a lot of problems early on too, but believe me, it gets better. One thing I would suggest is you might want to try getting a new sound card. I'm not too familiar with that card you have, but I had a friend who went from SB live to DMAN and he's been cruising ever since. I'm not an expert, I'm just passing on my opinion. Good Luck

BBlak

Back