Track Inspector Not Following Me Into Bus Pane

jmz93

Hello.* First, let me explain how I usually do things, so you know what I'm talking about. As a blind user - no mouse here! - I often have only one way to get at effect parameters of many plug-ins, and that is through the Track Inspector.*

For example, I might insert Wave Arts Final Plug on the Master Bus, hit I to go into the inspector, then arrow up and down to access four parameters at a time. To get at the rest of the exposed parameters, I bring up the context menu and pick "Reassign Control", which gives me a list of all available parameters.

So, this is very important ... usually my only way of accessing many plug-ins: Waves, Wave Arts, Slate Digital etc.

Here's my puzzling situation.* If I have an effect patched into an audio track, and then go to the Master Bus and patch another effect into it, I cannot access the parameters of that Master Bus effect.* I go into the Inspector, and it still shows the parameters for the Track effect! In other words, the Inspector has not followed me to the Bus Pane effect.

Note: If I insert an effect on a bus and then go to an audio track and insert another effect, the same thing happens ... the Inspector stays behind, and is still showing the parameters of the bus effect. It doesn't update itself and follow me to the audio track's effect.

I hope the above makes some sense.* Is there a setting in Sonar to affect how the Inspector behaves?*

Yes, under Module Options in the Inspector, I do have "show assignable controls" checked. That was my first idea. :)*

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated, as I have paying jobs lined up which I can't complete, until I can access various plug-ins.

I'm really stumped, since I've been doing this for years with various versions of Sonar, under XP. This only started happening once I went 64-bit, Win7 etc.

thanks for your time and any help,

Chris

System: AMD Phenom II 965 processor (4 cores at 3.4GHZ), 16 GB ram, Windows 7 Professional 64-bit and Sonar Producer 8.53 64-bit.

Back