Track cross-bleeding

grahammk1

Hi, I am using Ableton Live 8, EMU 0404 Sound Card, Behringer Euromixer UB1832 FX Pro. Doing fine when recording midi files, but when I try to add an audio track, i.e. electro acoustic guitar, I am getting horrendous bleeding from the midi tracks to the audio track. I have tried hard panning to no avail. Am I doing something stupid here? Thanks in advance, Graham

You can't get audio bleed from a MIDI track. What audio device are you driving with the MIDI track (or are you using a VSTi)? You may have your software mixer set incorrectly and getting the MIDI-driven audio recording at the same time as your audio?

Software Mixer

Hi, I am using Ableton Live 8, EMU 0404 Sound Card, Behringer Euromixer UB1832 FX Pro. Doing fine when recording midi files, but when I try to add an audio track, i.e. electro acoustic guitar, I am getting horrendous bleeding from the midi tracks to the audio track. I have tried hard panning to no avail. Am I doing something stupid here? Thanks in advance, Graham

hi and thanks for replying.I have been using Kontakt 5 as a plug-in. The 0404 uses the damnable EMU Patch Mix and i have never figured it out.

Are you recording the same mix you're monitoring? That could explain it. If so, try recording from the mixer's Sub Outputs while monitoring from the main mix. Assign only the acoustic guitar to Sub 1-2, assign the acoustic guitar and playback from the EMU to the main mix.

Re: track cross-bleeding

hi and thanks to both for replying - and let me say this a wonderful site with helpful people.
The solution was to monitor on a separate bus - yes, basic stuff - I'm learning! (I still dislike the EMU Patchbay!)
Problem now solved - thank you nice folks.
p.s. I monitor live with headphones.

Back