Total newb here

blove

Hello,

I am a little embarassed to ask this because it seems like such a dumb question. How do I bring up my Instruments in Pro Tools? I have watched tutorials that show how to bring up "Expand" or "Boom" but when I try it they don't show up under "Multichannel Plug-ins" like it showed in the tutorial. Only the effects show up. However, I see "Instruments under the "Multi-Mono Plug-ins" but it says "Click (mono)" I don't understand. Am I missing something here? I am using an Mbox with Pro Tools Express.

It sounds like your tracks are set as audio tracks, not as software instrument tracks. ProTools automatically configures the plugin options based on the type of track you're working in.

Thank you for your reply. I have created a stereo Instrument track and when I click on inserts the "Instruments" are still under Multi-mono. I don't see "BOOM" or "Expand" anywhere.

I just checked at my PT9 setup. Boom(stereo) and Xpand(stereo) are listed under multichannel plugins -> instruments, but not under multi-mono plugins -> instruments.

My best guess is they aren't installed.
With PT9 I had to download a separate installer for xpand. It was the same with the digirack plugin suite IIRC.

Well, I guess that's quite possible since I have the pro tools version that came with my mbox.

Advice from avid forum:

--Logon to your Avid account, and choose "View My Product Details".
--Expand downloads in "Pro Tools 10" section.
--download "Avid Virtual Instruments 10 Installer"

This contains xpand, boom, db33 etc.

Yes, I didn't realize it was a separate download and install when I had initially installed PT. Glad it was an easy fix. Thanks again.

Back