Took me a month or two.

chest_tickle

It took me a while but I finally managed to read all the stickies in this nooby section.

I feel ready to post now. I have a ton of stuff I need to know. Who should I ask?

Well first off, welcome.

Second, congratulations on reading the info. I'm not being sarcy, but it's amazing how many people are like "yeah i'll read it, but first, what's an interface?" :p

Third, Whaddya wanna know?

If it's specific, feel free to post a question in the relevant forum, and if it's general beginner stuff, shoot here. :)

Yeh, I read it all but I'm still clueless. What is an interface?:(

Just joshing. How do I know if it's real beginners stuff or specific? Other than searching of course but the search function here is rubbish. Sorry if I'm stepping off the mark here!

Nah, you're cool. It is pretty weak.

I think most people use google search within the site.

Anyway, screw it, just shoot.

If you'll get better hits elsewhere, someone will tell you, I'm sure.

lol,no. You need a certain amount of posts to post link or add an avatar,,,,Maybe other stuff too.

Ask away, Seriously.

Well, I'm a guitar girl really so most of the stuff that interests me is about guitars. I love my acoustic and my squire. I write stuff but mostly the only beings that hear my stuff are my two cats and the dog. I'm not sure the gold fish can hear very well.:)

I have a load of guitar recording and setup questions but browsing there it seems quite a tight lot.

Well the best advice i can give is to make a concise list of your questions and post it in the recording techniques forum.

If you have a clip of your recordings for reference, build up your post count and post a link to your clip, or attach it to the post.

Sound good?

Well the best advice i can give is to make a concise list of your questions and post it in the recording techniques forum.

If you have a clip of your recordings for reference, build up your post count and post a link to your clip, or attach it to the post.

Sound good?

Hmm not sure I have the confidence for that yet. The posting my stuff bit I mean.

to be honest there are lot of people here that aren't that comfortable posting their own music.... i'm still not ready :)

as everyone else has already said, when you have a question try and be specific and reference it to other stuff that is relevant. it doesn't have to be your songs per se, maybe just a little clip of you recording/playing, or use other audio/video clips and pictures if they help illustrate your point

oh, and welcome :)

to be honest there are lot of people here that aren't that comfortable posting their own music.... i'm still not ready :)

as everyone else has already said, when you have a question try and be specific and reference it to other stuff that is relevant. it doesn't have to be your songs per se, maybe just a little clip of you recording/playing, or use other audio/video clips and pictures if they help illustrate your point

oh, and welcome :)

Thank You. Very to the point.

I will think about posting recording questions but a lot of the stuff I want to deal with first goes before that. Techniques, instrument setup, delivery... If I had a goal recording wise it would be to sound spontaneous rather than polished but I have a lot of ground to cover first. Oh and also my playing sucks.

Am I on the wrong forum for that sort of stuff?

It seems Mr Rami thinks I post too many questions already.:o

Nah, but this is turning into one of the most pointless 2-page-going-on-3 threads in a long time. :D

Here, this might help you decide what to ask:

What don't you know?

Back