Too Much Noise

7string

Haven't been around for awhile because I've just been busy with life. But, I've been working on this one for about a year. Finally got around to finishing it up (at least I think...). The song is pretty self explanatory. I was being bothered by all the noise that I heard one day and this is the result. Kind of a fun song. Some things are intentional to match the song but I'm still interested in hearing all comments on the mix to help reign this sucker in.

RIGHT click and choose "Save Target As..." to download to your computer and play on the media of your choice.

Too Much Noise

Ok... That was fun. For a fun song it was awesome for real. I was actually laughing. You have done a good job. Things I would do is EQ the highs down just a bit. If someone stuck that in there car radio and had there high range turned up(like most people do) they will for sure turn it down. EEEkkk! I wasnt able to blare it on my monitors but that seemed to be the biggest issue.
The other thing is I wouldnt have put the chorus in the lead guitar, or maybe adjust it where it is not so deep of a chorus.
Thats just some stuff I can hear right off if that helps.
Its kick ass though... Good mixing all around. Funny song... Lets see what others say....

Too much noise is right. The guitars are killing me. Very thin and tinny. The drums are cool, but the toms seem too isolated. That low tom on the far left could be reeled in some. The vocals are lyrics are good. It's a good joke song, but it's also kind of sad in the sense that it makes you seem like just a grumpy old man with a classic rock fetish. Fatten up the guitars and give the bass a little nudge more up front and the mix will be better.

Thanks, Guys! I hadn't noticed the highs being too much but I'll give it another listen.

Appreciate the listen and the comments!

I thought this was great man!
Your voice has good character, the song is nicely performed. Like the guys said, a bit too much treble on the guitars. Are they recorded like that or was it mastering EQ? Great work though!

Joey :):):):)

I thought this was great man!
Your voice has good character, the song is nicely performed. Like the guys said, a bit too much treble on the guitars. Are they recorded like that or was it mastering EQ? Great work though!

Joey :):):):)

Hey, Joey! I took a tip from you "over there" and really pushed the mids but I think the treble was on 1. There wasn't much bass either. Maybe 2 or 3??? Didn't push the highs much in the mastering either, so I guess this recording guitars thing is still a work in progress...

Cool thune, Jeff. Your voice suits what you're singing. I'll leave the guitar EQ comments to others since I'm still trying to figure it out myself. Drums sound good. Guitar playing is great!!!

Cool thune, Jeff. Your voice suits what you're singing. I'll leave the guitar EQ comments to others since I'm still trying to figure it out myself. Drums sound good. Guitar playing is great!!!

Thanks, Rami! But you're not fooling me... your guitars sound freakin' GREAT! ;)

Hey, Joey! I took a tip from you "over there" and really pushed the mids but I think the treble was on 1. There wasn't much bass either. Maybe 2 or 3??? Didn't push the highs much in the mastering either, so I guess this recording guitars thing is still a work in progress...

the guitars sound great, it's the overall mix that sounds a little trebly, but not by much. ;)

was looking forward to listening to this one, but your server seems like it's down...? I'll see if I have some time tomorrow to listen to it.

Back