too much hip hop going on around here...

nah bro don't be like that..... I understand where your comin from, but you like many others that have been getting pissed off here............ are the same people who initially made this board what it is.....Bare with it it will pass

What????????????:confused:

Too much hiphop in a HIPHOP thread?

Is that really logical? It's like saying "My water is too wet", or
something!!!!

:D :D :D

Atillah said:
What????????????:confused:

Too much hiphop in a HIPHOP thread?

Is that really logical? It's like saying "My water is too wet", or
something!!!!

:D :D :D

notice how hip hop is only one of the words in the forum description... :rolleyes:
... there are other dj's out there you know...
actually i think it's a bit of a shame... i think alot of house, trance, techno and garage people will sweep past this forum like a bad case of the jitters, cause it doesn't imply any relevance (except from that little "DJ") to other than hip hoppers, rappers and similar... and the electronic genre is SO much bigger than that.
We don't use the term "beat" either.. we say Tracks or Grooves...

i do house, progressive house and progressive trance... mostly progressive house...

Chriss...

That's cool. I make house tracks too, though I'm really not into progressive stuff (especially trance) - but to each his own, eh? A bit of electronic stuff like techno - a by-product of growing up in Detroit in the early 80s, nobody under the age of 28 seems to believe that the only audience kraftwerk had when they began were the more "experimentally-inclined" listeners in Europe, and hood rats in the States. Got my first house record from a cousin who lived in Chicago in about 84 or 85. It was a joint called "Like This," by Chip E. Really shaped my view of music, that record, the kraftwerk/art of noise era, and cybotron, model 500, etc, etc...

All that and I'm still 100% head.

Of course, there are truckloads of other things I dig within and around those genres, but when I'm spinnin', it's either hip-hop, house (of some flavor), dancehall, or breaks on rare, but fun, occasions. I produce all that stuff, depending on my mood - or my drug of choice... ;)

Guess that's why I jumped in that thread about the neuron and kyma...

What country you in?

Hey Chriss,

You could ask Dragon to change the title of the forum to something else... I don't know what but something that would fit the whole community of machine made music.

I would like to hear the other stuff... Even if I'm *ONLY* into hiphop, it could 'expand' my mind.

Peace,
Beathoven
http://www.nowhereradio.com/beathoven/singles

or u can just post your music and it will still get hits....this is not judt for hip hop its for all music...dont leave cause of that ...to tell u the truth this is the hottest and most information i have seen on the net to help any beginner or any just tryin to do there on thing...its just that alot of ppl are doin the hip hop/ r&b thang so they want reviews..dont give up...stay up

bknot1 said:
or u can just post your music and it will still get hits....this is not judt for hip hop its for all music...dont leave cause of that ...to tell u the truth this is the hottest and most information i have seen on the net to help any beginner or any just tryin to do there on thing...its just that alot of ppl are doin the hip hop/ r&b thang so they want reviews..dont give up...stay up

i'm not personally looking for reviews... i'm doing fine as of now musically, (even though i haven't been producing the last few months, whooops...) but i think alot of trance and house people would also like reviews, but are simply ditching this forum because it doesn't seem like it's also their ground...
personally i only came here because i accidentialy found that people were looking for help on equipment, and i could help them with that... otherwise i would probably have found a totally other bbs...
Spinsterwurn, gec and people like that made me stay cause of their good spirits... but now it's all hip hop, hip hop and hip hop... kinda sad...

though, if someone were to decide whether to alter the name of this forum, it should be spin... i'm not gonna impose on anything here... just thought i'd like to share a point of view that i think is not solitary... (hmm... although my first post might just have been one of desperation...)

I think too that the problem, if it can be called that, is the forum's name kind of only says one thing, hip-hop. I mean "dj/hip-hop/rap/beats" doesn't say anything to me about djs in general, tracks, grooves, or electronica...

Honestly, I don't see how anyone would expect anything other than hip-hop related stuff in a forum with that for a title/description. I know I didn't when I first saw this BBS...

Yeah, a different name or additional forum would be cool...

F.D.

Hey Chriss,

Yeah man, I often feel the same way you do. Probably the reason I haven’t been hangin’ in this forum much lately. It’s hard to find a place as an Electronica producer.

I personally think HR.com is the best site to get and share information about amateur and semi-pro recording. But, board wide, the vast majority of folks are doing Rock music of some kind, and the DJ/Hip-Hop/Rap/Beats forum is definitely full of folks primarily interested in Hip-hop. You can find Electronica specific forums in other places, but the quality of the technical information isn’t nearly as good as it is here at HR.com. What to do?

Guess we need to make our voices heard I little louder and keep our little community tight. I just started a thread relating to this subject. Check it out. https://homerecording.com/bbs/showthread.php?threadid=62220

barefoot

Back