Toneport UX-8

jonnyroy

Currently we are using a tp ux-2 and an older computer with Cakewalk Sonar 7 PE. The usb is 1.1, os 32 bit vista. All is well with that. Want to upgrade the interface to record live, and I`m looking at the tp ux-8. Bought a new laptop with 2.0 usb`s and 64 bit windows 7. The ux-8 is 32 bit- could there be an issue there? What do you think of the ux-8? Is 8 enough? I can get the drums decent on 2 channels-kick, and bus the rest. 4 guitars (incl. bass), leaving only 2 vox. I can get away with this, but a 3 mic would be sweet as I could mix the harmonies. Should I be looking for an interface with more channels to cover any future demands? Is running usb with that many channels going to be an issue? Should I have bought a mac? Can I get a firewire port for PC? Money of course is an issue. I can get the ux-8 for $500, which to me seems like an affordable solution. Also, will running gearbox as a plug in for post production work? The more I`m learning, the less I know. Should have gone to school- still might. Anyhow, any advice on this situation would be greatly appreciated.

Back