TOFT EC1 vs. Focusrite VoiceMaster Pro

Scoop

Hi all...

Which has more respect/is thought to sound better for Vocals... ec-1 or VM Pro?

To be used on Punk rock type vocals with a Rode NTK mic

Looking for something with alot of detail (VM Pro's breath option looks good)
Color vs Transparent isn't THAT critical,

Super thanks,
Scoop.

NTK plus Voicemaster is very clean. I use a NTK and a Trakmaster as my first choice usually - the opto-compressors in Focusrite's Platinum range are stunningly clean.

What're you using now?
The bells and whistles are cool but won't get you better sounding vocals necessarily, it may actually compound issues that already exist. Soooooooooooooooooooooooooo, what are you doing now? Preamp and mics and compression and eq?

Big Kenny said:
What're you using now?
The bells and whistles are cool but won't get you better sounding vocals necessarily, it may actually compound issues that already exist. Soooooooooooooooooooooooooo, what are you doing now? Preamp and mics and compression and eq?

Thanks,
Currently got a Presonus Tubepre and a joe meek mq3. Been using the meek but not quite what we looking for, not clear/detailed enough on vox... and the meek is very colored...
Tried minimum and hard comp (And all inbetween) the meek got no ratio control.
Tried boosting the highs on tracking but still no joy...
Vox sounding quite small and end up tracking layers... not good...

The tubePre makes a great coaster for my coffee mug :)

I had to make a call and went for the VMPro... Will get in on Monday.
Could only get the toft in 10days (I live in South Africa and there were none in the country and we scheduled to start tracking vox on monday night)

Hope I did good :o

Scoop.

You will love it, it is a nice package of coolstuff. The caveat is to learn to use them one at a time. Lay off the vintage harmonics for a while and don't use breath or eq or tube warmth until you know the compressor (auto relaease with a hard knee works well, then experiment, adding one effect at a time

Back