Toa RX-7 on Ebay

Somnium7

Noise Criminal
This is not my Toa but it is the 16 channel version of the one I own. I don't know the guy selling this but thought I might post it here because I hate to see the unit parted out.
http://cgi.ebay.com/TOA-RX-7-16-Channel-Mixer_W0QQitemZ360031723712QQihZ023QQcategoryZ23785QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262

This is a console WORTH restoring if you have the time and ability. I am currently restoring my own 32 channel model so let me tell you what's in this beast.

All inputs are transformer coupled with good quality Tamura units very similar to what's in the Yamaha PM1000. Following the transformers are discreet opamps.
These days a single channel mic pre with these features will run at least a grand.
The outputs have a similar signal path with a different type of DOA driving really large Tamura OPTs.
There are enough connections and routing features on this machine to be used in any studio or live setup. Probably more options than you will find on most new mixing boards.

This is a hardcore machine and I love how it sounds. Along with the upgrades I am making to mine I have boosted the sound quality into the audiophile realm.
The output circuits on this console are also compatible with John Hardy 990s too if you wanted to get crazy with it like me.

Somebody needs to save this nice old machine from destruction.

Back