To close the door or not

mcmetal

I'm in the process of building some bass traps and have the material to make 8 traps.I live in a mobile home and i'm set up in my bedroom which is at the end of the trailer.I plan on putting 2 traps at each of three corners.2 of the corners in front of me and one behind me.The reason i'm asking about keeping the bedroom door open or closed is that with a trailer,as most folks know,the hallway is either on the left or the right.

Not much of a varience unless your bedroom is in the middle somewhere. :D
It's a 14' x 12' room with a ceiling height about 8'.So would there be any benefit closing the door,adding 2 more traps to the corner that's there now by the door being closed,,or just keep the door open and let the noise out.Would i just be boxing myself in even more than i already am? It's not a perfect corner with the rest of the room.The door opens with a walkway about 3' til my bedroom opens up.Also i got those folding metal coset doors.Any benefit to opening them up.The closet is only about 2' deep and filled with boxes and such.

I'm sure it's not the best mixing enviroment.Lots of flat surfaces like wood paneling and my roof and walls are only a few inches thick so i know i can't get too loud.Any suggestions would help.I know it's said to treat first reflection points but everything is a reflection point in my case.

Back