TL Audio tube Preamp for sale.

John Mayes

I have a TL audio PA-2 for sale. Just installed brand new Sovtek 12AX7LPS tubes. Recapped a few capacitors that were lookin old with new high quality caps. Sounds great. Really harmonic smooth sound. Not a thick meaty vintage tube sound but a rich harmonic glassy sound. Balanced. Is a 2 channel, and DI as well. (the DI sounds very nice). I'm getting rid of this one because I got some vintage telefunken v672's being racked. It's used and it has some light scratches, but nothing big and nothing that affects it sonically. Here is a pic. It is the blue one in the middle. E-mail me with offers.
John@mayesguitars.com

http://www.mayesguitars.com/images/rec3.jpg

here are some clips recorded on this guy with my guitars. And this was before the new tubes and caps. it sounds much better now even.

I want to get 250 from it, and I'll pay shipping. It is a very good sounding unit. very much so after replacing the caps and tubes. For $125 a channel you will not find anything else as good.

John,
Is it the blue tabletop unit in your picture?
I have something similar that size that is one channel... It'd be nice to replace with a 2 channel.

I do however prefer a rack mount, my mix desk seem so crowded. But I love sound you are getting with it!

Tom

Thanks Big K, Do you know much of the unit?
I was thrown by him saying it was blue.It looks like a good unit.

John , I am definitely interested. Give me a day or so to retrieve some funds owed me.
Do you take paypal?

Tom
tom@tmixstudio.com

John,
No prob! Give me a shout if you ever have anything else along those lines.
I eventually need to get about 10 more channels of good preamps so I dont have to keep re patching my drum kit all the time. I have about 7 channels of decent outboard pres but have to use my Mackie vlz pro to make the difference when tracking a full band simultaneously.

Back