Tis The Season

Illsidgus

Desiccated Member
Are any of you doing anything music related this holiday season? This year will be the first christmas concert I have played in since 1986. This Fall my daughter and I joined the Glasgow (Kentucky) Community Band. she plays the flute and I play the euphonium/baritone. This christmas concert is in conjunction with the Glasgow Community Choir. It is a lot of fun and makes the season a little brighter for me.

Yes, I know that some of you think this kind of thing is pretty lame, but my daughter and I are having a lot of fun with it.

Thinking about getting a small group of my musically talented friends together for some sort of mobile acoustic caroling band once I'm back home from college. Maybe like a guitar or two, a bit of hand percussion, and like a melodica or something.

And dude community bands are awesome. Kudos to you, sounds like a really fun thing. Even better that you get to share that experience with your daughter. I'd love doing something like that with my dad.

Thinking about getting a small group of my musically talented friends together for some sort of mobile acoustic caroling band once I'm back home from college. Maybe like a guitar or two, a bit of hand percussion, and like a melodica or something.

That sounds like it would be fun to do too. You must live in a warm climate.

And dude community bands are awesome. Kudos to you, sounds like a really fun thing. Even better that you get to share that experience with your daughter. I'd love doing something like that with my dad.

The two of us also play in the Western Kentucky Concert Band in the summer. We have been doing that for 15 years now.

That sounds like it would be fun to do too. You must live in a warm climate.

Lol I wish. I live in Virginia, so I'm guessing we have about the same weather. Thinking if it could happen on a decently not-cold evening like in the 40s or so it could be all right, but who knows lol.

Yes you did know I bought one. We exchange several e-mails to set up the pay-pal payment, and to get the mailing address right.

Humblest apologies. I do remember now. It's the real name / avatar name confusion! Plus I seem to have a memory like a sieve of late. That doesn't bode well!:(:D

I'm going to a local bar and playing a bunch of Christmas songs at a Friday night open jam. My nephew and I both play guitar at our family Christmas gathering too and that's about it.

Back