tired of software EQ

rightbrainnow

Ive been doing digital recording for about 4 or 5 years and im pretty fed up with using a mouse to EQ. I use cubase, and while i feel im in tune with how to navigate the software, im tired of EQ'ing this way. Is there such a thing as a DAW where you can bypass EQ going in, but then send the file back out from the hard drive through the mixer and actually us EQ knobs for that specific track..??

rightbrainnow said:
Ive been doing digital recording for about 4 or 5 years and im pretty fed up with using a mouse to EQ. I use cubase, and while i feel im in tune with how to navigate the software, im tired of EQ'ing this way. Is there such a thing as a DAW where you can bypass EQ going in, but then send the file back out from the hard drive through the mixer and actually us EQ knobs for that specific track..??

a control surface

yes....and no......if you are using your daw as a hard disk recorder yes....but if you are using it as workstation, no. basically....i use my nuendo based daw as a hard disk recorder.....i dont use any eq, compression, and alot of effect. i use outboard gear i only use the daw as a recorder and for editing.

Back