TIP: Avoiding click track bleed from headphones.

I've had click bleed through the guitar amp before. I had the amp set up in another room with quite high gain and I was still getting click bleed. It turned out that the headphone cable was too close to my guitar and that the click was getting picked up by the guitars pickups and coming out the amp!

That's messed up! How long did it take you to figure that out?

Things like that could drive someone insane...

I cannot say enough good things about the CAD drummers headphones. They sound great for iso phones. Not enough isolation for drummers so I use the Shure SE-215 in ears (best $99 I ever spent) and Howard Leight L3 muffs (31dB attenuation). I get about 50 db's of isolation, so much so that I can't hear someone talking right next to me. Very comfortable and I can turn the goddam mix down so I don't go deaf.

I am recording a new CD with a home studio and could not believe that the click bled from my headphones on to the track.

I learned quickly to turn the click way way down!

Yes Sir, being a drummer that is exactly what I have done for myself. I have some great Sony 40mm drivers that I have installed into good, COMFORTABLE shooters muffs. Works great for me but I have experienced problems with click bleed when singers remove one side. I just pan everything in the control room to one side and let the dead side hang free. You can't record something that isn't there.

Back