Tinnitus Blues Remixed per comments

wfaraoni

ear art's not a science
For those who were exposed to the original posting.
I remixed this and made it all a little hotter. Cued out a few flubs like the intonation issue around 3:54. Backed off on the guitar compression in response to all the great comments which were given a couple weeks ago. sorry but I did not get to a new drum track yet but I will when I get some more skills.

What Id like to know is , is it too hot or clipping now and did any NEW issues pop up?

Tinnitus blues REMIX >>>> Its at the Bottom of the Page At

http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/album.php?aid=1644&alid=-1

The original is also still there at the top for comparison

Thanks
Just A few comments and then this one can go to the down and out archives.

Peace
Bill

I like a damn blooz tune! You got some pretty tasty licks in there too. You and Axe4Yahweh need to get hooked up sometime, I'd like to hear something the two of you would come up with. I didn't hear the original mix, but this one sounds pretty good to me!

bd

Sounds good to me, but I think you went overboard with the volume. Clipping is all over the place and it's especially apparent in the intro. Nice playing and singin'!

The lead has a richer tone, got some meat on it, hot levels in a couple of places but good.. The rythymn is real smooth and wider. drums are more consistent. Vocal is fat dude. Yes, Big Daddy!

I was thinkin bout this making a really cool audio/video ad with some talking for a tv ad for one of the institutes for hearing impairment. One of those reality ads with the cool music and a guy talking. no puns..

no doubt, you can lay down some sweet riffs bro.
I'm not happy with your rythym section.
I like my blues firmly in the pocket
.02 for what it's worth.
how do you create your drums anyway?

and what is Tinnitus?

hevyd47da, heres some links with information on tinnitus which is a ringing in the ears which does not go away and is usually associated with hearing loss. heres some links for you

Heres a couple of links:
http://www.abelard.org/hear/hear.htm#how-loud

http://www.headwize.com/articles/hearing_art.htm

http://www.hearnet.com/at_risk/risk_at_risk.shtml

toki, Hey thanks for the ears:D
yeah its amazing how many people are not aware of hearing damage from loud sound exposure.

swede, hey thanks I guess Ill put a limiter in the output bus when I do the drums over.

bdbdbuck, thanks for the listen, yeah axe4yahweh does some cool christian blues I agree.

Peace
Bill

wfaraoni said:
For those who were exposed to the original posting.
I remixed this and made it all a little hotter. Cued out a few flubs like the intonation issue around 3:54. Backed off on the guitar compression in response to all the great comments which were given a couple weeks ago. sorry but I did not get to a new drum track yet but I will when I get some more skills.

What Id like to know is , is it too hot or clipping now and did any NEW issues pop up?

Tinnitus blues REMIX >>>> Its at the Bottom of the Page At

http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/album.php?aid=1644&alid=-1

The original is also still there at the top for comparison

Thanks
Just A few comments and then this one can go to the down and out archives.

Peace
Bill

there's more to blues than just pentatonic scales. oh, and, writing a song about tinnitus is far beyond original... it's actually abstruse.

Pretty decent guitar work.....bass is too boomy for me....and the rhythm guitar needs to come up.......pretty good vocal sound (what mic?).....needs more kick drum.....and the drums in general could come up some.....drum machine?.........drums are pretty white.....:D

I missed this the first time out.....kept seeing the thread but didn't get to it 'cause I was so freakin' busy. I'm glad you put it up again......oops, just heard a drum timing thing......must not be a machine. :p

You aren't a true member of the clinic 'till the super critic savages you! Congrats! :D

I think the bass might be clipping. Sorry if I'm repeating anyone. Actually I think it's the kick. Or both. I like the easy smooth flow you've got. I'd like the vocals louder. Can't make out the spoken word especially. Drowned in lead guitar. I would start next by isolating that clipping. I believe it's the lows of the kick, possibly conflicting with the bass in the 100-250Hz area. Then bring the vocal up.

Good tune. tracking and mixing needs some work. But that's why we're all here, right?

Tom

hevyd47ca, S_c'd NO, Actually I got a line which says
THIS PERSON IS ON YOUR IGNORE LIST :D
which is what we all should do ignore him and maybe he will go away:D The FOOL ~~~~~ LMAO

Lt. Bob , thanks for your ears. I did some further trimming and adjusting as advised by folks with better ears than me Like yourself and reposted it. Hopefully its not clipping now.
The drums are a yamaha dtxpress set which I cant really play YET so they are probably better down in the mix.

The mic for the Vox is a akg 3000 , If I remember correctly, I dont think I used the shure 58a beta but I might have. Anyway its run through a Roland mmp-2 mic modeler believe it or not. I really love that thing, I can put a $20 mic into it and make it sound 10x better. All the Guitar sounds including the somewhat boomy bass are from a Pod 2.0 run into the modeler as a preamp/ a/D converter as well.

Sluice, I enveloped the vox up in parts which were low, worked on the clipping. Yeah I thought it was a little too hot. Thanks for the advice. Maybe its better now. reposted the new mix
Drums will get a rework some time in the future when I learn some skills.

Peace
Bill

wfaraoni said:
hevyd47ca, S_c'd NO, Actually I got a line which says
THIS PERSON IS ON YOUR IGNORE LIST :D
which is what we all should do ignore him and maybe he will go away:D The FOOL ~~~~~ LMAO

bill, why is it that people choose to ignore the truth?

wow super_critic really doesnt

have a life. It is sad that hes such a coward, that he won't come out and say those things under a real name. I guess i gotta add amazing critic to my ignore list as well.

wfaraoni;

You've stole my heart man:) , I be lovin all blues. I heard your last try at this tune, this one has more beef to it. Keep these blues rollin along on this board man. Thanks for that..

Freshears, Thanks for the compliment:D
I only did this blues song because I was thinking it woud be easy and there plenty of room for sloppy playing , or rather
(artistic license) in the blues. Im just getting back into playing some after a very bad back problem since the Feb 10.
Its amazing how fast you can loose that hard earned smoothness If you dont play for a few months. One good thing is I had time to learn more about better recording during that time.

Wireneck, I dont know if coward is the right word for him, actually I prefer
FOOL.
Anyone who comes to a HOMERECORDING site and wants to use a standard for pro players and studios has to have some problems with his perception of life in general. I have no time to spare trying to show him the error of his ways. I dont find his comments entertaining at all but I have enjoyed the heck out of the responses to him.
Some of the most talented genius type people I know in the music business have major shortcomings or disfunctions in other areas, which they usually avoid because after a while they realize its not flattering. I think that the realization that your making a fool out of yourself only comes with some degree of maturity, which is obviously lacking.
I'll say a prayer for him tonight. because hes probably suffering deep inside.
All his aliases and similar spam posters will just go to the ignore list.

Peace
Bill

lo Bill

Rythm guitars are are a bit undistinct, so is the bass.
Lead is cool. Very compressed, but still cool.

Vocals are fine..

Drums sound a bit too 'metal'

Some clipping going on..

Cool tune.. has that genuine blues-feel to it. Looking forward to hear something when you've got the hang of those yamaha-drums :)

cool song and good subject matter.. I hear some crackling in a few spots.. nice leads and tone.. I think there is some crackling in the lead.. I do not like the drums at all.. good sounding voice!

Hi Bill,
Sounds great,some fine guitar playing there man!
I dig your voice.

Mix sounds pretty smooth on the phones,except for some crackling like Sam mentioned.

I really liked how the rythym reflected the lead in some parts,like at 3:36.
Nice touch.

Cool stuff,from what I could hear!:D
Pete

Back