Timing between Fruity and Sonar

drathbun

I'm using Sonar 4 Studio and Fruity Loops 3. I put rhythm tracks or just click tracks together in Fruity Loops and export them to wave files which I then import to Sonar. I set the BPM to the same in both programs but end up with timing mismatches between them. What causes this when they are set to the same BPM? Isn't BPM universal?

Also, sometimes but not always, my Sonar recording lags a bit making it necessary to nudge the track back a bit to make it match up. There is a setting in Sonar Audio/Advanced called "Timing Offset". Will setting this to the amount of the lag, compensate for it?

drathbun said:
I'm using Sonar 4 Studio and Fruity Loops 3. I put rhythm tracks or just click tracks together in Fruity Loops and export them to wave files which I then import to Sonar. I set the BPM to the same in both programs but end up with timing mismatches between them. What causes this when they are set to the same BPM? Isn't BPM universal?

Also, sometimes but not always, my Sonar recording lags a bit making it necessary to nudge the track back a bit to make it match up. There is a setting in Sonar Audio/Advanced called "Timing Offset". Will setting this to the amount of the lag, compensate for it?

Why don't you open FL as a VSTi in Sonar, record and then you know they will be sync'd?

Back