Timecode + DM3200 + Meterbridge + Cubase 6 + OSX

Ok, I worked the setting problem out.
Now, in a final question to the setup.
The time code is running, but when I have selected a loop section, the timer runs past the end loop and continues. It doesn't restart at the loop markers. The transport reads correct, but not the meter-bridge.
Are there any settings for that function?
Cheers

horsegrip,

can you explain hwo you got your tc to work on the mu1000 and cubase.

i have dm4800 + meterbridge + cubase 5.

thanks and i hope you respond.

denlig

Hi Denlig,
I have the timecode working, with some minor issues to iron out as stated above.
I'm away from my desk atm, but will get back to you with my settings in a day or two.
Hold tight.
horsegrip

Hi Denlig, try these settings
on the DM:
Under Digital/Timecode page, select MTC (USB) as your "Sync Source"
in Steinberg:
Under the Transport/Project synchronisation page, select MTC Port for your MIDI timecode and MIDI Clock Out.
Let me know how this goes and hopefully we can solve the loop issue I'm having with the MU-1000
Good Luck

horsegrip,

I'm still trying to get the 4800 setup completely and mix at the same time lol.

I'm have some freezing with the remote control from 4800 to cubase 5.It freeze for a while then start back working.

Gee the manual tell only 10% of what the 4800 can do and the rest is up to the owner to find for them self.

I love this mixer and can't wait til i have it setup correctly and get a full understanding of routing my outboard to the mixers.

denlig

horsegrip,

no, i don't see the setting you told me maybe im not understanding the setting on the mixer. can you explain it in a easy way cause im totally lost on this.

thanks denlig

Try using my settings for your DM.
I've attached some pics

Attachments

• DM Timecode.png
    DM Timecode.png
    5.8 KB · Views: 118
  • Proj Setup.png
    Proj Setup.png
    103 KB · Views: 105
horsegrip,

thanks for the respond. I'm using cubase 5 and in the midi timecode destinations and midi clock destinations their is no ( TASCAM DM-4800 MTC PORT )

this is what is showing: if-fw/dm mk2 midi port, microsoft GS wavetable syth, tascam dm-4800, midiout 2(tascam dm4800) and midiout 3-7 (tascam dm4800).

i tried every port with no luck. i will continue until i get it. its got to be something im not do right.

thanks for the help. denlig

horsegrip,

I got it and it's working great. What i did was setup the dm like you told me and and in cubase 5 i had to use midiout 3 (tascam dm-4800).

I rebooted cubase and the dm and all is good on the timecode. thanks so much for the help.

denlig

horsegrip,

I don't know if you got the loop timecode working. If you click (midi timecode follow project time) in cubase midi timecode out it will work when the loop goes back to the start point and the timecode on the meterbridge will follow.

denlig

MIDI Port Setup.png

In Cubase, open device setup under devices tab (me thinks)
Under MIDI device setup, check all 4800 midi ports and make sure you check them as visible too.
You should now be able to follow what we have discussed earlier to set it up
Here's a pic to show you

horsegrip,

thanks and i got it all working yesterday and i also got the meterbridge to follow cubase in loop mode. read my last post if you still need help getting the meterbidge/loop cycle working.

denlig

Back