Time stretch/tempo problem (S1)

wtfuhz

5 dollar loud blunts
Okay, so I've been attempting to increase the tempo with Studio One's timestretch feature. I'm only increasing it by about 3 or 4 beats but every time I do, each track ends up at different tempos. Maybe I accidentally changed a setting or something, but the feature works just fine when we use it on my friend's computer. Does anyone know how I might go about fixing this?

You mean each track within the session is altered differently?

Are you using a combination of midi tracks and audio tracks?
In pro tools I can time stretch audio, but it won't change any of the midi tracks,
Just the same as when I change the session master tempo, it will alter the midi speed, but not change the audio tracks.

Yep it's a mix. The midi tracks do change tempos, but yes, each track in the session is a completely different tempo. I soloed each track with a metronome, and unless they're on the original tempo, they're way too fast. Especially on the guitars

Ahh, ok.
So maybe you're time stretch the tracks based on their length? Like, a guitar part that ends 10 seconds before the end of the bass guitar will end up being slower than the bass, or whatever?

Try extending all your regions to common start/end points, maybe?

Either that or maybe there's some kind of beat detection going on that isn't working right?

I don't know your software specifically; Sorry if this is no use. :p

I've been trying to make my tracks start and end at the same spots, but for tracks with crossfades and cuts, it doesn't work too well. I'll have to look into that beat detection idea.

The beat detection thing was a shot in the dark. I'd guess that track length is the more likely option,
Like, you're expanding everything by 5%, regardless of length?

In protools there a consolidate option.

I can select the whole session in timeline view and hit consolidate, which means Pro Tools will make every track the same length by way of adding silence.

The problem with that is that fades are no longer adjustable and volume automation gets printed down, I think.
It creates new one-piece audio files as if they were recorded that way.
It doesn't print down effects though, so it might be worth seeing if your software has a similar option, or even just 'grab to extend' option that would insert silence.

I think i could also do that by rendering, but i'm not quite sure it's the same thing

Back