time offset issues

hardcore guy

Ok, I'm using adobe audition with my aardvark q10 to do some live recordings of my two-piece band. I've got 2 Oktava mk012 on drum overheads, sm57s on snare and two toms, shure beta52 on kick, an sm57 miking a speaker cab and a direct line coming from the synth.

Everything has been going great. I have limited knowledge of adobe audition (aka cool edit pro) but I know enough to record some stuff and make it sound alright. Last night we decided to record one song in two separate pieces divided by a pause that's in the middle of the song. So we recorded the first piece and left a few minutes of silence at the end of each track. It got late and we didn't get around to recording the second piece until the next day. After all the recording, I brought my computer home to start mixing the song I noticed that audition had automatically set time offsets for each track and the drums tracks are way off from each other. I set all the offsets to 0 and they're still off. The first section seems to be delayed differently from the second section as well. I don't quite know what to do with this issue. I would assume that it some how adjusts itself for phase but the phase was different in each of the two sections? Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Back