)))Time for some Hendrix(((

HevyD47Ca

Every now and then I still like to post a cover tune if it's something I really identify with.
Jimi Hendrix' first major record release, Hey Joe.

Ha. Pretty cool! Sounds like a fun song to cover. The drums are pretty good too. Is someone playing drums or what?

Hey, that was pretty fun. I agree about the git. That Hendrix tone is pretty difficult to duplicate. Really well played though. And I liked the vocal. At times it sounded like Neil Young covering it. (I like Neil Young) Good tempo on the song too. A little quicker I think than the origianl.

Very good cover that is fun to listen to.

nice drum programming on those fills! would have liked to hear a bit more bass drum.. always a good cover.. gotta love the Hendrix!

Way to go, Dan!
I don't know that I've ever heard anyone cover this tune - probably 'cause it needs razor sharp chops like yours. Really nice!!

Ray J-The drums were programmed by someone MUCH more talented than me at that sort of thing. They are not real.
Thanx for the kind words.

guitarjesus-Is that tiny or tinny. The accent guitar was meant to be tinny. I played as close to the bridge as possible to achieve that effect.

kjam22-I always did like that song a bit quicker. I think that comes from playing it live so often. I would never try to purposely imitate someone elses sound, (I KNOW I couldn't pull that off):) I get the Niel Young comparison often, I don't mind that.

B.SABBATH-I'm glad you like the drums.....

MC Gitarz- as usual you are WAY to kind but I'm not complaining about that:)
Thanks Buddy!

Briallant drums & guitar. The drums are a pretty damn fair representation of Mitch Mitchell. You got the live feel too. Awesome version

I ment tinny, I can't spell worth a shit.

Anyway, I listen to it again. And I can't help wondering how good this song is. I mean the way Hendrix made these bluesy songs sound good.

I mean I know alot of scales. But, the ones that sound the best are the bluesy ones. It gets you deep inside.

You did a good job BTW.

Back