Time for a new Interface...

hardwire666

I have been using an EM-0404 PCI for so long I dont remember when I even bought it. My 0404 has treated me great for many years now, but it's time to retire it. I need to record 96kz@24bit, and with the win7 beta driver from EMU (which have been beta for over a year now) I can not do this. As to where in 64bit Vista it would allow me to do this. I could just go back to vista, but I really am just done with EMU, and the hassle that comes with their dirvers.

SO...

All I need is something like the 0404 that will allow me to record at 96Khz under windows 7 x64. I only need 2 ins, and outs, and midi. I really only record guitar, bass and vocals. So, more than 2 in/out is overboard. ASIO dirvers are a must. I can currently run without raising my ASIO latency above 8ms, and I would really like to keep it that way. I also don't want to spend a ton of money on a simple interface. I don't need a Lynx or RME, if an M-Audio interface will do the job then I am fine with that.

I have seen some of the options out there, but I need to know they work at least as well as my 0404, and what ones to stay away from.

Also before any one says "You don't need 96khz sampleing rate! You cant hear the difference!" You are wrong and this is why. For playback I find the difference between 44.1, and 96khz minimal. But, I record My guitars direct-in and use VST ampsims. I find if I record my guitar at 96khz it allows for a more "organic" distorion charater. I assume this is because the VST has more to work with on the samples level.

My system specs are as follows:
AMD Phenom IIx6 @ 3.3 Ghz
4GB of DDR3 1600 (down clocked to 1333)
Asus Crossfire IV Formula MOBO
Windows 7 x64

P.s. PCI, or PCI-E. No fire wire or USB please 1) Because they create more overhead for the CPU, 2) I don't want to deal with the potential hassle that can come from both.

Any input would be great. Thanks.

Presonus Audiobox..

Love it ..great preamps 48v phantom power 2 XLR inputs 2 1/4 inch line level..portable n sturdy. ASIO drivers and a free recording software program for pretty cheap can`t go wrong.:D

Back