It seems that the years haven’t been kind to you

The times are like little snapshots
Pictures of another time
Our memory fades and the years play tricks on our minds

Tick Tock goes the clock
What now shall we see
Tick Tock goes the clock
What now shall we see

Are you looking for mix feedback? Nothing seems out of place - it's a good mix to me. Definitely not my type of music/style, but a good mix nonetheless.

Lead at the start might be a little loud. Other than that, everything sounds in place. Good recording and mix.

I think this is great. Very good vocal performance and well recorded. nice harmonies of background vocals. Everything is very tight and on the money. Great recording and mix. The chord progression is interesting....it doesn't sound like everything else. very creative tune man!

I appreciate the listen. The song came about with me just messing about with my Marshall JVM410HJS on the clean channel with my 87 JEM using a TC electronic HOF reverb,Flashback delay and Corona Chorus. I found a very nice simple chord progression and found a groove. I actually printed the main guitar track with the effect pedals which is something I never do. It was such a nice inspiring sound that I went with it. The song is very different from what I normally do yet it retains some of my musical traits. The chords and the effect pedals took me into a very cool direction. I am thinking the song has a slight dare I say country swing to it? I also used the 12 string bass which is just anchoring down the whole thing. This song was a joy to work on because it gave me a lot of flexibility to get certain ideas across.

Last edited:
The mix sounds great!
The only thing that bothers me is that the mix is a little fatiguing, it has a lot of high mids/high end frequencies and some of them are somewhat piercing.
And maybe the vocals are a bit too dry on the verses.

i'm not sure if you updated this file - but now there is a lot of high end. piercing quality. sounds like its a master buss EQ thing. every instrument has this quality to it.

The guitars are much too mid-rangey. Very harsh sounding. They a bit too loud as well.

Weird effect on the vocal. Not sure it adds anything to the mix.

Bass is a little bit sterile.

Drums are mechanical.

Back