"Three Weeks" -short but sweet - feedback?

daddio307

Another Tascam PortaII cassette classic from the 80's. Not only do I like this song, but the fact that I wrote a pop song under 2 minutes long -just like AM radio! - fills me with a certain satisfaction. Yamaha RX 11 drums, Aria electric, Yamaha bass, Midiverb and me. Could be better recorded, but do you like the song? Thanks for listening.
(click the song)

Three Weeks

Thought I would try to post the Soundcloud track so you don't have to navigate offsite. Let's see if this works.

It loads the UI but it doesnt load the audio. At least for me..

I went offsite and i hear it.

I think the intro is quite fast, u should add it something there. The main vocal is too loud for my liking, and sometimes i can hear some kind of resonance in it.

The harmonies are good, and they sound good, i would add them more panning.

And i can barely hear the hihat and cymbals..

But it has good quality. I like the guitar.

Cheers

so the point is the song not the recording? Cute, driving melody. Lyrics a little amateur but sweet and simple. Sounds like you enjoyed yourself.

The song begs for re-recording, but, yeah - I know how flawed the original is, what with my (then) lack of know-how and the equipment at the time. That's why, at least song feedback is all I can hope for. Just put it out there to see what happens. Will be glad to get more actual critique when I re-record. Thanks for the feedback, though. I always pay attention to what others hear.

Back