This Night

Dont want to criticize your work...
The flute sounds a bit out of tune in places.
Maybe give it another go and re-record?
The key cord progression around 0:19 - 0:22, check that ;)

Im listening on my laptop speakers, that could be confusing me.

Man this is so nice and original and fresh !!! It reminds me a little of some on Gino Vaneli...if anything just brighten up the whole mix that's about all I can say about the sound quality. But I have to say this is some very original sounding stuff man !!!

Dont want to criticize your work...
The flute sounds a bit out of tune in places.
Maybe give it another go and re-record?
The key cord progression around 0:19 - 0:22, check that ;)

Im listening on my laptop speakers, that could be confusing me.

No problem TMS, I wanted to have criticism. Should I contact Eric Percing at Spectrasonic if Omnisphere is out of tune:) just joking. I believe you meant the fourth note in the begining of intro? It's a bit weird but it's there on purpose and it's based on some jazz mood. I had a long discussion about that with a friend who is a jazz musician, I wasn't sure about that note, he loved it. So it will be there:)

Man this is so nice and original and fresh !!! It reminds me a little of some on Gino Vaneli...if anything just brighten up the whole mix that's about all I can say about the sound quality. But I have to say this is some very original sounding stuff man !!!

Thank you Tascam Man. This song is veeery original to me as well as this genre is not so familiar to me. I don't know where this came from but I actually like it a lot even though it needed a lot of work and hours:)

I thought the drums sounded decent. Playing was good.

I'd bring up the lead vocal just a little. The lead vocal sounds really good.

Things get kind of out of control in the chorus. The synth part that comes in there really clouds things up. It's really crowded.

There is a tremolo thing going on with one of the synths. It bounces back and forth across the stereo spread. On headphones it kind of makes you dizzy.

Love the intro. Sounds quite a lot like Jamiroquai. I agree your vocals could be presented more forwardly. I had a quick listen to a couple of your other tunes, you've got a great voice. In this song, I think the vocal melody is a over powered by the rest of the instruments/sounds. Mind you, I am only just starting out on this lark, so don't take my word for it or nuttin'.

No probs :)
I was listening to it jazz-wise.
I ment the forth cord on keys.
Anyway, just my opinion and taste.

Jazz iz jazz :)

I thought the drums sounded decent. Playing was good.

I'd bring up the lead vocal just a little. The lead vocal sounds really good.

Things get kind of out of control in the chorus. The synth part that comes in there really clouds things up. It's really crowded.

There is a tremolo thing going on with one of the synths. It bounces back and forth across the stereo spread. On headphones it kind of makes you dizzy.
Thanks TripleM. Everyone wants to bring up the vocals. I don't get it :). Ok, just a bit in chorus but in verse?? I agree, there are too many things going on in chorus but the whole idea was based in those 3 elements; brass pad and "bell" playing those different "fifths" (is that a right word in engl? :)) + gtr. What do you mean by that tremolo thing?

Love the intro. Sounds quite a lot like Jamiroquai. I agree your vocals could be presented more forwardly. I had a quick listen to a couple of your other tunes, you've got a great voice. In this song, I think the vocal melody is a over powered by the rest of the instruments/sounds. Mind you, I am only just starting out on this lark, so don't take my word for it or nuttin'.
Thank you fritsthegirl. That Jamiroguai thing was a huge compliment. I wish I could sound like them but...this is just a one man project:)

What do you mean by that tremolo thing?

It starts with the synth that comes in at around :12. Not a huge deal. But on ear buds it bounces back and forth. It's a little weird. People listening on speakers probably wouldn't notice it.

Reactions: TMS
The 4th cord at 0.19
Dissregard the comment about flute.
It all that 4th cord gets me confused.

I should stay silent coz no-one else finds it "wrong"

Did I say that overall It sounds cool?!
Love the bass!

It starts with the synth that comes in at around :12. Not a huge deal. But on ear buds it bounces back and forth. It's a little weird. People listening on speakers probably wouldn't notice it.

Ok, so you mean that Rhodes sound (omnisphere) it's got the tremolo. The preset sound has a strong tremolo, I lowered it but the effect may be still too strong.

The 4th cord at 0.19
Dissregard the comment about flute.
It all that 4th cord gets me confused.

I should stay silent coz no-one else finds it "wrong"

Did I say that overall It sounds cool?!
Love the bass!

Ok, that 4th chord is Bb7add9/D and it should fit well with the other chords in verse / intro:). But I wonder how anyone hasn't mention anything about the chords in chorus as they goes like Bbmaj7b5, Abmaj7b5 ....:)

Ok, that 4th chord is Bb7add9/D and it should fit well with the other chords in verse / intro:). But I wonder how anyone hasn't mention anything about the chords in chorus as they goes like Bbmaj7b5, Abmaj7b5 ....:)

Chorus sounds "right" ;)
Im listening on headphones. I can hear the top note of the Bb7add9/D coming out more.
Different feel. Maybe you can make that top note a bit louder?

Ok, so you mean that Rhodes sound (omnisphere) it's got the tremolo. The preset sound has a strong tremolo, I lowered it but the effect may be still too strong.

Or if you like it, ignore what I said. It's just one opinion. Go with what you like.

Back