This may hurt your manly ears,,,,

Shana

I know this song is not what most of you are into but we're gonna be open minded and considerate right? Great.

The song is not finished,,It has some little glitches in the music that I have to fix- It's murder to manipulate my keyboard. And Im gonna re-sing it cuz its really not neat.

Please tell me whats wrong with the delay on the vocals.

Also, you dont have to dowload my song, it'll play in realtime.

OK here it is
www.Javamusic.com/shana
4th song called SOMETIMES
Login-Lady
Password-watermelon

Last edited:
Ok, I got in using the password "watermelon" that you had posted for your last song....

This is good.....I like it alot...alot of people here might not get into this genre, but i appreciate all types of music....lyrics are real good....instrumentation is good....mix is good....vocals fall of a tad in a few spots, but I didnt find anything wrong with the delay....great job....

I agree about finding a different place to put your music up...since mp3.com isnt a feasable option anymore (unless you pay the $20/month), try :

http://www.ampcast.com/

http://www.artistlaunch.com/Sunday.asp

http://www.nowhereradio.com/

These have been recommended lately by a few people here and may serve you better....it took a bit of trying to get to this song, but I went on because Ive heard your stuff before and like it ....if you want to reach more people, make it easier for them to get to....more than one or two clicks is too much for some people.....

hi shana,

do put some of your music up on nowhereradio.com

It will be available for download as soon as you upload it.
I have not heard any of your music and I will like to hear some of it, cos you have posted more than once here

peace

I ain't manly...

I like the Europop vibe in this. This sounds like something Britney Spears would sing if she decided to cover Depeche Mode or something like that.

Did you do all this yourself? This is pretty damn slick!

I didn't hear any delay in this or something like that. You might wanna soften the vocals in spots. They get a little too bright (I have that problem to when I do my vocals as well).

ditto to Ametth.

Also, pull that "Pan Flute" down at the beginning a bit, maybe mirror it with something else to make it more melodic (each note is really "hard").

Vox up. Yup. Easy voice to listen to... I like it!

This is a good "get outta work and drive home" song... This is the type of music I end up listening to on greyed-over days (my favorites). Can dig it.

Very Erasure. I like Erasure. (shit, I LOST Erasure. fuck)

Thanks!

(4:46? ouch!)

Ive listen to "Tell Me" The Music Wont Last" and Sometimes and like them all. You have definite potential as a songwriter. I like the way the lead vocal sounds.
As you already know..because youve mentioned it yourself, the vocal performances in themselves could be tighter :) Keep it up...and how about telling us what Microphone you are using and how much delay are you using. Thanks!

Ok. Who is "Chanale?" And do you write/produce all of your own stuff? And are you married? (is that YIDDISH? coooooool.)

Your songs are good, but the mix needs more of your voice. Put it up there! Maybe some added mids to your voice, too (what, 2kHz or so?)

I agree the vocals need to come up a lot.

The song is well written and arranged.

I think if I had to get really picky, it would be that the instrumentation is too "digital". For a demo, good enough. For a major release, you would need a lot more analog key sounds in their to make it fly.

I think I would like to hear the bass and kick a bit more "bouncy".

At 4:03 there is a little quantinization error it sounds like on the bass track. Possibly a false trigger or something.

Cool use though of double/triple tracking for the chorus effect on the voice....

Ed

Sonusman, indeed theres a quantinization error. It's called not switching chords fast enough and being to eager/lazy? to go back and fix it because it's the 10th time you've recorded the song and you keep making a mistake cuz you're thinking about something else when youre supposed to be concentrating on the music, and you really want to post the song before morning so you can see if it has potential at all, and of course you tell yourself you'll go back and fix it after everyone hears it, but then you start a new song and never get around to it..Did I mention it's 3 am?
Anyways so that's that thing.

And yeah the music is a little empty, I could have some mmore things going on there but I wasnt sure what exactly, and I didint want to go with strings.

I'm using a Akg dynamic-if that isnt obvious. I didnt know from one microphone to another when i bought it.

The delay is set at 80 ms. I wanted some kind of slapback delay on some parts but I couldnt get it to work on just specific parts. i.e not the whole phrase but the last few words-

And Chanale is me. Pronounced with a gutteral Ch - "Chanukah" and a accent on the last e. It's a biblical name actually. It means "one thats refined;)"
And I guess you could say I write and produce my stuff. (Unless subconscienciously I've hear it somewhere else, but noones told me that yet)

And no I'm not married, and my dad said he'll let me know when it's an option.

Again Thanx for listening . I'll be posting a new song in two weeks or so,
Shana

Not married...post a pic in the photo gallery, and me and your Dad might have to talk...of course, my wife might have a say in this....anyone got a beer?.....

Starting new fan club here.

Things that I liked:

1. Love your voice.
2. Great lyrics.
3. Melody is great.
4. Loved song where you say "Sooner or later....." Hoping the whole song would be like that.
5. Loved your voice.

Didn't like:

Drums. Too fake sounding.
Intro too long.
Song too long. (I thing most hits are below 3min. This will also make it easier for retakes. Just a thought.)
Move to a better mic (condensor), but not a NT1.

Besides that I loved it. Awesome job.

Nice tune. Although the style isn't one that I would typiclly listen to, I would probably listen to YOU sing just about anything. You have a great voice and do a great job with your harmonies, in my opinion. Kinda like a sweet band-aid for hurtin' ears. Thanx, Tom.

Ouch... I'm impressed... I'm with Gidge, post a picture, make it multiple choice for your dad. :D
Really don't know any girl in person that is able to do that on her own. (I'm not a sexist, not at all, I really don't know any girl that knows to play an instrument, doesn't only play classical scores, and knows more than 2 chords...)

Could you list the equipement you used? Which keyboard etc; sequencer,...

Very beautiful voice Shana. Very good enunciation, easy to understand.

It would be interesting to see what you would sound like with one of these pros in here recording you, and with some analog instrumentation.

Keep it up, you have talent.

Zeke

Hi Chanale,

I've downloaded your song "Tov Lehodoth", and really liked it, especially the doubled vocals on the chorus.

Again, as others already mentioned, the vocals should be brought up a little. You have a great voice, but it was a little difficult for me to understand what you are actually singing, although I am a Hebrew speaker.

I really liked the combination of a religious song with dance music (Although I'm not religious in any way, and not a big dance fan myslef).

Are you regularly singing in a temple?

Oren S.

Back