This is sad...Damaged Tascam 38 on eBay

Yes, it's very sad but I'm more pissed off at the incompetence of the guy who packed it. :rolleyes:

I would be surprised if the PCB's are still intact.

This one goes to the 101 packing thread. :(

I mad at the people they shipped it with. Which let me take a guess here who that would have been? Ummmmmm

Maybe UPS

It's sad to see the effects of poor packing and shipping. I might be selling a few reels in the near future and if I ship it will be crated and or picked up by the buyer.........

We're losing a lot of machines to bad shipping. eBay is both one of the best and worst things that's ever happened to vintage gear. I don't know, maybe we should form a militant analog organization and start popping some of these people off like the Israelis still do tracking down Nazis. They can run but they can't hide sort of thing. :p

ADF (Analogue Defense Forces)

Moto “You break it you buy it… the farm, that is.”

Anthem

We're losing a lot of machines to bad shipping. eBay is both one of the best and worst things that's ever happened to vintage gear. I don't know, maybe we should form a militant analog organization and start popping some of these people off like the Israelis still do tracking down Nazis. They can run but they can't hide sort of thing. :p

I shudder at the thought of just how many machines have been damaged in shipping. Dozens? Hundreds? Who knows. It really bites!:mad:

We're losing a lot of machines to bad shipping. eBay is both one of the best and worst things that's ever happened to vintage gear.

I shudder at the thought of just how many machines have been damaged in shipping. Dozens? Hundreds? Who knows. It really bites!:mad:

Agreed on all counts.

It's kinda like marriage, about half end in disaster, the other half made up of those with possible issues and only a few % are really working well. :eek:

aye; i fear this same thing happened to my 38. the backs all cracked. just ran through testing the channels 3-8 work, 1 and 2 dont. they can receive and send signal in input mode and the VU meter works properly; but when i try to play them back it seems like nothing was recorded. is there anything i can do to fix those two channels?

We should just make a list of sellers who fail packing 101 - just like the lsists for sticky shed tape.

We should just make a list of sellers who fail packing 101 - just like the lsists for sticky shed tape.

That's actually a very good idea, sort of "out" them. I'll see if I can recall some I've dealt with in the past and maybe start a thread dedicated to that cause.

Back