This is my studio. No acoustic treatment!

I think the monitor question was regarding the way they're aiming. The placement looks okay, but typically, you'd aim them in - toward the chair and thus your ears. You'll hear a more accurate representation of the treble that way.

If you can give everyone a few details, like the rough dimensions of your room and any constraints regarding where you can and can't set up things (for example, I can't use this end of the room because my son's snake pit is there. :) ), then the folks here can surely give you some pointers.

Also, the monitors should typically be at ear level when you're sitting. So, if possible, get that desk on some stilts, blocks, or something, and save your neck! :)

First thing, get a desk instead of a coffee table. :facepalm:

Second, get an outlet plate cover on that electric outlet on the wall. They're like $0.19 at Home Depot.

A few things.

1) Typically, you'll want your monitors at ear level, and they should be pointed at your ears.

2) They should form an isosceles triangle with your listening position.

3) If possible, have your listening position and studio desk in the center of one wall. This will give you the most balanced sound results.

4) Isolate your studio monitors from the surface they are sitting on with some Auralex mopads or similar.

5) I'd recommend getting Owens Corning 703 panels to treat the first reflections in your work space.

5) Then, treat the corners of your rooms with dense OC703 panels to absorb the bass.

A few things.

1) Typically, you'll want your monitors at ear level, and they should be pointed at your ears.

2) They should form an isosceles triangle with your listening position.

3) If possible, have your listening position and studio desk in the center of one wall. This will give you the most balanced sound results.

4) Isolate your studio monitors from the surface they are sitting on with some Auralex mopads or similar.

5) I'd recommend getting Owens Corning 703 panels to treat the first reflections in your work space.

5) Then, treat the corners of your rooms with dense OC703 panels to absorb the bass.

I've always heard an equilateral triangle. Is it not supposed to be?

This guy is just trolling. He posted this to piss people off. Unless I'm completely insane, my guess is he purposefully set things up like this to get people going - there's no possible way anyone (probably not even my dog) would set things up the way you see it depicted and actually think it is ok.

Back