This is my first post in the forum

mitkofen

This is my first post in the forum, so please excuse me
I'm from Bulgaria -- Guitar Player
I have some questions,

I have done some recordings in my bedroom
My influences is Vai ,Dream theater and more ..
Now
I'm recording my guitar through behringer v-amp- -->ultra-g 100 --->
Creamware Luna II in PC ..
And can u help me pls can you explain me
how Can i make Big rhythm Guitar Sound in stereo Like
many pro recording? like progressive metal and neo metal some of Vai's
Song like "Love and Blood".....
AND then
put greate solo in center.

I have a problem
every time rhytm guitars hide the solo and vice versa
What tape of EQ setting i have to use and compressors may be !@
Stereo enhansers...
and are there any SECRETS

Sorry for a long-winded speech

PLS answer me

You have a few choices.

1. Find the key range of the vocal and EQ the guitars down about 3-5 db in that range. Requires an understaning of EQ ranges and most easily, a parametric EQ.

2. Only let the guitar part through when the vocal is not singing, that way they don't conflict. May involve rewriting your guitar parts.

3. Make a copy of your guitar track. Pan one left about 40% and one right about 40% or possbily hard L & R, depends on how it sounds. Leave the vocal right in the middle.

4. Push the guitars into a medium room reverb to put it behind the vocals.

There are other ways but they get pretty labor intensive.

The best way to beef up your sound is to record them on more than one track, for instince try laying down your guitar on track 1 and 2 at the same time(it really adds dimension)

mndog75 said:
The best way to beef up your sound is to record them on more than one track, for instince try laying down your guitar on track 1 and 2 at the same time(it really adds dimension)

That's just dual mono and only makes it louder. If you want a fat stereo effect you need to record the part twice and then pan each take L/R.

If you really want your guitars to cut through the mix then mic a real amp. Modelled amps are hard to mix in my opinion.

Back