This is how we did our album

Nice link man. I'd like to see hear it when it's finished. How do you like those Joe Meek mics? Keep us up to date.

drum samples

Hi, thanks to everyone for comments ... :)

Here are some samples of RAW takes... no eq, no comp, nothing.
Will have some rough mixes done soon and will post the links...

If they suck please pretend they're awesome, for ego sake ...

yeah! the toms are great! the snare and kick sounds potential for a raw! can't wait for the final mix hehehe

by the way where are you guys from? :D

like the tune and its a pretty impressive job of recording.

I do have one question...........Why did you record bass and guitars next to that piano?

I mean they still sound great and all, but you might had an even more crisp sound if it was away from other tone creating sources.

MCreel said:
like the tune and its a pretty impressive job of recording.

I do have one question...........Why did you record bass and guitars next to that piano?

I mean they still sound great and all, but you might had an even more crisp sound if it was away from other tone creating sources.

Hi and thanks... :D

The Piano is in the control room, the bass and guitar amps were in a seperate room. Same carpets so looks like the same room. :)

Scoop said:
Hi and thanks... :D

The Piano is in the control room, the bass and guitar amps were in a seperate room. Same carpets so looks like the same room. :)

Oh ok......so you moved them out of the control room when you recorded or just plugged into some different ones?

MCreel said:
Oh ok......so you moved them out of the control room when you recorded or just plugged into some different ones?

Yeah, moved stuff around quite a bit. Tried different amps in different rooms.
Best room for guitars was still the main room where the drums were tracked... and you still cant beat that good old sm57 on a marshall... :)

Back