this is awesome

toobalicious

havent seen this here or anywhere--- pardon me if i am a little uninformed....

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/3PIII/
3PIII-large.jpg

makes me want to create and build my own boutique rack panels...

Seems to me, it would make sense to not buy these fake "cool looking" panels and save the money to actually buy some functional gear:eek:

Never underestimate a good joke in the studio to make your clients happy and lighten the mood! That panel is freaking funny. I'm also pretty impressed with the palindromes they came up with... lol... although don't think I'd spend $70 on a joke panel (but I would spend $25 if I had an extra space).

I went to a home studio once that had a fake wall outlet and a plug going from the wall outlet to a dummy input on his patch-bay. Definitely made me laugh. But then again, I'm a nerd.

I went to a home studio once that had a fake wall outlet and a plug going from the wall outlet to a dummy input on his patch-bay. Definitely made me laugh. But then again, I'm a nerd.

That was FAKE?!? No wonder I keep blowing channels..

I love the tag line "fake it til you make it, looking cool is half the battle"

Hell, keep faking it even AFTER you make it.. I set up concerts in arenas for years, I specifically remember one show I thought was so silly.. I forget who, but they had like 15 4x12 Marshall guitar cabs on each side of the stage - stacked 5 wide and 3 high, ALL empty, no speakers, except for the 2 that actually got mic'ed. I was floored the first time I saw that, it happened more than once. Looked pretty damn impressive tho :cool:

I always wondered about some of those Marshal stacks...like the Kiss concerts and others...frkn piled to the ceiling....it was cool looking, surreal and large.

but were they all plugged in? or backup? Hendrix would have been proud:p

i dont like holes in the rack and have few blank panels around here.... may need to treat them like this...

I put all my rack stuff at the top of my 12U rack, there's a 4U hole at the bottom, the perfect size for the little mixer I got in there.

^ Lmfao at the pedal!

No shit, $375??! I would NEVER pay more than $250 for one of those.. Well, maybe if it was rackmount :P

A friend of mine has heard the Palindrometer in action and his response was WOW, LEVEL and lots of POP! He thought it could do the DEED.

For that price, you can build you own rack gear.
Take the EQ "racks" that many 90s cars had and throw in some old no name effect pedals that you get for $20 at the pawn shop. Then wire it all inline, build your own box and panel and voila. You got your own custom made rack gear.
Im totally serious. You could do some wild experimenting with that. Run some vocal tracks through a crappy distortion pedal, or delay pedal, then through the car EQ. Youd end up with a really distorted buzzy vocal track that you could layer in with the rest of your song. Have you original vocal track at normal level and the frankensteined one barely audible but clearly there. For $65 you could build some pretty neat stuff.

Mike

Back