Thinline Tele '72 RI FS/T with acoustic

PapillonIrl

DCP_5236.jpg

Not mine, pulled photo of google. Same finish/colour though.

Very good condition, one tuning head (high E) slightly bent. Set up for 11's at the minute. Nice sounding tele, the most resonant sounding acoustically in the shop where I tried about ten of them.

I am open to cash offers, but what I would really like to do is trade it for a decent recording acoustic guitar for the studio.

Most serious acoustic players will bring their own, this is for the indie/rock bands who want acoustic on a track as an afterthought, and threaten me with the most plastic sounding instruments you can imagine.

I'm thinking something by Seagull, Blueridge, Yamaha, Guild maybe ? No pickups needed.

I only have a soft case for the Tele at the moment, but will pick up a hard case for shipping if the trade/sale goes ahead.

Thanks for looking,

Nathan

Just thought I'd chime in... don't be put off by in being MiM. I play that exact same model, and it's great. Very versitle guitar, I'd only avoid it if you're into really hard rock/speed metal.

I'll second darrvid, don't worry about it being a MiM. Most MiM's suck, but the thinline reissues have been the fairly consistent exception to that rule. Everyone I know that has played one liked it and had no complaints at all about the build quality. The few I've tried were very solid and played smoothly.

I seriously have always wanted that reissue, sadly my only pretty nice acoustic is my Taylor and I wouldn't trade that. Anything else you're interested in trading for?

edit: grammar

Big Kenny said:
I don't think the MIM's suck at all.

some of em do.....but then again, some of the US-made ones suck too. i've played a number of MIM's that more than held their own--and almost all of the ones i've played were on par (or almost on par) with the US-made ones costing about twice the price.

cheers,
wade

mrface2112 said:
some of em do.....but then again, some of the US-made ones suck too. i've played a number of MIM's that more than held their own--and almost all of the ones i've played were on par (or almost on par) with the US-made ones costing about twice the price.

cheers,
wade
That's what I meant, I've played some Martins that were bears too but for the most part, very nice

Big Kenny said:
That's what I meant

i know. i was backin ya up. :D

in all honesty--i don't what that says, though......that the american ones are overpriced or that the MIMs are underpriced? should we be disappointed that the american ones aren't any better....or if we should be thrilled that the MIMs are great bang for the buck?

i'm really torn as to how i should feel about that.

Big Kenny said:
I've played some Martins that were bears too but for the most part, very nice

me too. especially martins made in the late 70s. typically sloppy work and IMO pretty dead sounding guitars. they turned it around in the mid/late 80s, though, again IMO.

oh, and check your PMs if you haven't already. :D

cheers,
wade

Back