Thinking of pulling the trigger...

jjones1700

Learning, always learning
I've been mulling over the idea of getting a bigger mixer to handle the various equipment that I have, other than the reel decks and usual microphones. I stumbled upon this:

Tascam M3700 32 channel (mixer) mixing console

I'm just waiting on more info from the seller.

I have tried to find as much information on this model as I can. From what I gather, it seems to be a pretty decent unit. I like the idea of having the automation for mixdown purposes. I don't know if it has mute automation like my current M2516. I would assume so. For the price, I can't really turn my nose up at it. I'm about ready to start working over the garage and make a tracking room from most of it, and the office into the control room. I figure this particular mixer would fit in nicely, and it's in town too!

Suggestions?:confused:

Johnny,

Check out sr71's "M-3700 Story" thread. IIRC there'squite a bit about the automation in there...it is more extensive than your M-2500 series mixer.

If you really would benefit from a beast like that then I can't think of a better ffering. The price is CERTAINLY right, church life typically means it hasn't been gigged/moved, and it is the top of the line M-3000 board being 32 channels with the full meter bridge with the exception of the balance kit (which was rare so I'm assuming its not there).

Again, if it fits a legitemate need, you'd regret not following up on it AFAIC.

Thanks guys.

Hey Cory, I think that was the thread I was reading at some point this morning. LOL I'll be getting rid of the M2516 (as much as I hate to) and the Soundmaster is going to be put aside for a friend when she is ready for it. This is all, of course, provided I do end up with the console. Hehe

What's there to think about? Someone will snap this up if you don't. Looks like a hell of a console for $500.

Hmmm...reading that ad seemed verrry familiar...

But let me tell you why :D

All of what that little sch!tt put in the description was stolen from MY craiglist ad for my M3700 :spank: They just cut and pasted bits of my ad in the Milwaukee craigslist which has been up for a while, see for yourself...here's mine:

Tascam M3700 32ch. mixer

Judge for yourself, but I would avoid that seller. Plagiarism is bad juju indeed.

BTW...yes there there are automated VCA mutes on the M3700, both on the channel fader and auxes. The faders are also automated and you can bypass the VCAs on channels not needing auto, nice touch there. It's a nice system...but...buyer beware on that particular ad, man!

Last edited:
Briank, your ad has expired. I've seen the plagiarism happen a few times (reading about it on this site), on ebay, especially copied photos. This should be interesting now...

Also, I haven't heard anything back from the seller yet either, so this could all be for nothing.

Briank, your ad has expired. I've seen the plagiarism happen a few times (reading about it on this site), on ebay, especially copied photos. This should be interesting now...

Also, I haven't heard anything back from the seller yet either, so this could all be for nothing.

D'oh! Great timing, eh? Guess it's been 45 days. I just re-listed it verbatim here: http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/msg/2352979617.html

Use caution with this seller if you do hear back--very bad vibes, glad I caught it, thought you should know.

Last edited:
I wonder if it isn't just email harvesting spam. I put up an cl ad there a while back for some gear, and of the four responses I got, three were BS phishing expeditions. One A****** wanted me to click on some link to a "video" so I could "making sure it was same deck he wanted....."

jjones: How has the 2516 treated you? Were you satisfied with the sound of it? I bought a 2524 for 200 yesterday from an out of bussiness video post studio. I set it up last night and the sound was OK but a bit bassy and colored to my ears. It seems to be in pristene condition so I dont think anything is wrong with it but the sound is a little thick to say the least. No cracles, static or scratchy pots, just somewhat boomy.So much so I ended up cutting bass on a few tacks to compensate. I ask because I havent seen many posts of someone who has a 25 series mixer.

I love my 2516. The only thing that bugged me about it was the preamp couldn't support my SM7b with an external preamp. Other than that, a great board.

FYI guys, I didn't get the 3700 board. I never heard back from the seller and the posting has been deleted.

Hey Cory, what's even worse is that there was a posting for a free 388. The description was something along the lines of the guy didn't need/want the money and just wanted to get it out of storage, that he only used it once after he bought it used.

I knew it was too good to be true, but I responded with an alternate email address (don't need any more spam!) just to see if I got a response. No response and that ad was deleted as well. Makes me wonder what's up with all of this BS.

Back